Road rash???

This was one of my favorite games on the Sega Genesis and even the ones that
came out on the PC and Playstation 1 systems weren't bad. Anyone know why
there hasn't been any updated versions of Road Rash for the current
consoles, particularily xbox?

I'd love to see this game on the xbox.

Maybe the fact that you get to beat and punch cops made EA wary of
releasing this game to the next gen systems. I loved the 3DO version.

"RIP NHL" <hickorysticks@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> This was one of my favorite games on the Sega Genesis and even the ones
> that
> came out on the PC and Playstation 1 systems weren't bad. Anyone know why
> there hasn't been any updated versions of Road Rash for the current
> consoles, particularily xbox?
>
> I'd love to see this game on the xbox.

This isn't really useful, but the game Arctic Thunder allows you to punch
opponents. You race on Snow Mobiles. It's ok, if you can pick it up for
cheap. Don't expect to be playing it for months though!

I'd also like to see a new Road Rash, since it was also a particular
favourite of mine.

Thanks! I'll keep an eye out for Arctic Thunder. Never heard of it. I'll
google it.

The Berzerker <Berzerker@wooooooo.com> wrote in message
> "RIP NHL" <hickorysticks@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> > This was one of my favorite games on the Sega Genesis and even the ones
> > that
> > came out on the PC and Playstation 1 systems weren't bad. Anyone know
why
> > there hasn't been any updated versions of Road Rash for the current
> > consoles, particularily xbox?
> >
> > I'd love to see this game on the xbox.
> >

> This isn't really useful, but the game Arctic Thunder allows you to punch
> opponents. You race on Snow Mobiles. It's ok, if you can pick it up for
> cheap. Don't expect to be playing it for months though!
>
> I'd also like to see a new Road Rash, since it was also a particular
> favourite of mine.

robin

Agree...Road Rash was awesome fun....
the second one ofr ps where there was a coop game was also cool....side car
fighting - got to love it!

"Willie D" <williedynomite@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Maybe the fact that you get to beat and punch cops made EA wary of
> releasing this game to the next gen systems. I loved the 3DO version.

..
> Maybe the fact that you get to beat and punch cops made EA wary of
> releasing this game to the next gen systems. I loved the 3DO version.

The 3DO version was the best. I still have it and play it every now and
again. I don't think the police thing has much to do with it in these days
of Grand Theft Auto. I just don't think the last few incarnations of the
game sold too well. The latest one came out for GBA about two years ago I
believe. Not as good as the earlier ones.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

Agreed. Poor sales are probably to blame. Perhaps turning the licence over
to a new company could infuse some new blood into the franchise. Road rash
should come back.

Ollie T <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> .
> > Maybe the fact that you get to beat and punch cops made EA wary of
> > releasing this game to the next gen systems. I loved the 3DO version.
>
> The 3DO version was the best. I still have it and play it every now and
> again. I don't think the police thing has much to do with it in these
days
> of Grand Theft Auto. I just don't think the last few incarnations of the
> game sold too well. The latest one came out for GBA about two years ago I
> believe. Not as good as the earlier ones.
>
> HDTV games lists and discussions
> http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"RIP NHL" <hickorysticks@cogeco.ca> wrote in message
> This was one of my favorite games on the Sega Genesis and even the ones
that
> came out on the PC and Playstation 1 systems weren't bad. Anyone know why
> there hasn't been any updated versions of Road Rash for the current
> consoles, particularily xbox?
>
> I'd love to see this game on the xbox.

I agree, Road Rash rocks!!! I have it for the PC and would love to see it
on Xbox. I don't think it would ever happen, but it's a nice thought all
the same.