Question Roadrunner 505 Prestigio does not compress video

kacper6768

Great
BANNED
Mar 5, 2023
Roadrunner 505 Prestigio found in a dumpster won't compress video. Of course, I can copy movies from the miniSD card to the computer and compress them, but every 45 minutes of recording the movie I have to remove the miniSD card and copy it to the computer and convert it. I have a MiniSD card with a capacity of 8 GB. I don't have a miniSD card with more capacity. I set the recording and photo settings to the highest possible.

Video: MJPG 1920x1080 25fps 18802 kbit/s [Video 0 (MJPG, 1920x1080, 25.000 fps, 18802 kbit/s)]
Audio: PCM 32000Hz 1.0 chn 512 kbit/s [Audio 1 (PCM, 32.0 kHz, 1.0 chn, 16 bit, 512 kbit/s)]

General
Full path : C:\temp2\D\Dcim\10030416\l\17170007.AVI
Format : AVI
Format/Information : Audio Video Interleave
File size : 291 MiB
Duration : 2 min 0 sec
Total bit rate: 20.3Mbps

video
ID : 0
Format : JPEG
Codec ID : MJPG
Bitrate: 18.8Mbps
Width : 1,920 pixels
Height : 1,080 pixels
aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate : 25,000 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
bits/(pixels*frames) : 0.363
Stream size : 269MB (92%)

Audio
ID : 1
Format : PCM
Format Settings : Little / Signed
Codec ID : 1
Bit rate type : Fixed
Bit rate : 512 kbps
Channels : 1 channel
Sampling frequency : 32.0kHz
Bit depth : 16 bits
Stream size : 7.32 MiB (3%)
Alignment : Interlaced aligned
Interlaced, duration : 1000 ms (25.00 video frames)

For example, a few seconds of video recording with this camera is 40 MB. After compressing this video (without loss of quality) to H264 codec it is 8 MB, to H265 format (without loss of quality) it is 4 MB. Would it be possible to set this camera to compress videos while recording in real time?
There is no such option in the settings of this camera.
Does this camera have a flash? This flash does not work even when taking pictures in dark rooms and when it is dark outside. Should the flash be on all the time when shooting movies, or is the flash only used to take pictures?
Is it possible to take pictures in such a way that the image is sharp a few centimeters away and at the same time the one that is several dozen meters away?
The built-in battery with this camera lasts for several minutes of recording even when it is charged for several hours. In order to record something with this camera, it must be connected with a power bank cable. Can this battery be replaced?

kacper6768

Great
BANNED
Mar 5, 2023
Last night I forgot to take my Roadrunner 505 Prestigio camera home and tonight when I took it home I wiped it off with water. It rained all night and day. I tried to unscrew the camera with a screwdriver but it was only possible to tuck the housing with a screwdriver and I saw that there was a dry green plate inside, but on the other side of the green plate it was impossible to check. There were small holes on the housing for the speaker, some water fell there and the speaker is quieter but the camera turns on normally. Is it just a matter of time until the green plate rusts and the camera stops working. Is getting the device wet dangerous and what should be done in such situations. Do I have to unscrew them immediately and wipe everything with toilet paper? Is this device valuable? What if it got wet, for example, a laptop? Was this camera waterproof?