[SOLVED] Roaming folder in Windows?

Oblivion77

Honorable
Jul 6, 2018
Hello everyone

I have a laptop and a desktop computer. They are both on the same w-ifi. I use the same Microsoft profile / user login on both. I have not created a domain.

I have the following questions:

1)
Does my laptop and desktop computer share the same AppData\Roaming folder?

2)
The files in AppData\Roaming, is it being uploaded to a Microsoft server?

3)
Did the AppData\Roaming folder also exist in Windows 7?

4)
Besides Onedrive, is there any folder before and now in Windows, where files are being uploaded automatic?

Thank you for reading and replying

Best regards
Emil

Solution
AFAIK:
  1. Yes IF you login with the same user ID on computers within the same domain -- not workgroup though.
  2. If you use MS to sync computers under your MS login, then yes
  3. Yes. Prior to Vista it was called the Application Data folder.
  4. Not that I am aware of.
Hello everyone

I have a laptop and a desktop computer. They are both on the same w-ifi. I use the same Microsoft profile / user login on both. I have not created a domain.

I have the following questions:

1)
Does my laptop and desktop computer share the same AppData\Roaming folder?

2)
The files in AppData\Roaming, is it being uploaded to a Microsoft server?

3)
Did the AppData\Roaming folder also exist in Windows 7?

4)
Besides Onedrive, is there any folder before and now in Windows, where files are being uploaded automatic?

Thank you for reading and replying

Best regards
Emil
the roaming most likely did exist in windows 7, roaming is not being uploading to a microsoft server. you need to give permission for one drive for it to even upload in the first place, and it's meant for backing up your data if your computer breaks or has some nasty virus you also have to set it up in the first place for it to do anything. and there's nothing else that'd upload your files like you're thinking.

RealBeast

Titan
AFAIK:
  1. Yes IF you login with the same user ID on computers within the same domain -- not workgroup though.
  2. If you use MS to sync computers under your MS login, then yes
  3. Yes. Prior to Vista it was called the Application Data folder.
  4. Not that I am aware of.

Solution