[SOLVED] ROBLOX random stuttering

Jun 1, 2019
So recently i've been getting random lag spikes even though roblox fps counter doesnt say so the game randomly starts lagging and stops sometimes after a short time and sometime it lasts a while. I tried rebooting my router, tried reinstalling the game. Nothing helped. My pc is new and really good a.k.a 1070 gtx and i7-8700k cpu with 16 gb ram so idk what can cause issues. Help would be appreciated

Solution

He's referring to your power supply. I'm sure you would be having more serious problems than simple stuttering in a video game if your PSU was really the issue. I don't understand why its almost always the first thing people point at as a possible culprit with every single issue, I guess to make it seem like its your fault somehow, like you didn't know what you were doing when you built it, or whoever may have built your PC for you. It could be the operating system itself running certain services you don't even need causing the issue. One of them could be trying to update or install, that in itself will cause some problems.

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
So recently i've been getting random lag spikes even though roblox fps counter doesnt say so the game randomly starts lagging and stops sometimes after a short time and sometime it lasts a while. I tried rebooting my router, tried reinstalling the game. Nothing helped. My pc is new and really good a.k.a 1070 gtx and i7-8700k cpu with 16 gb ram so idk what can cause issues. Help would be appreciated

I recently solved this issue of random lag or stuttering in my games, but the problem is, I can't pinpoint exactly what I did to solve it. Have you tried disabling unneeded services running in the background? I disabled a <Mod Edit> ton of services. Whichever service I disabled not only solved the stuttering in my video games, but it also fixed my 'device manager' screen constantly refreshing. So I would start there, just type "services" in the search bar to open the app. Carefully research the function of each service so that you don't break anything. Once you disabled all unneeded services, shut down your PC completely then reboot it and see if that worked. This is what most likely eliminated the constant stuttering in my games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jun 1, 2019
I recently solved this issue of random lag or stuttering in my games, but the problem is, I can't pinpoint exactly what I did to solve it. Have you tried disabling unneeded services running in the background? I disabled a <Mod Edit> ton of services. Whichever service I disabled not only solved the stuttering in my video games, but it also fixed my 'device manager' screen constantly refreshing. So I would start there, just type "services" in the search bar to open the app. Carefully research the function of each service so that you don't break anything. Once you disabled all unneeded services, shut down your PC completely then reboot it and see if that worked. This is what most likely eliminated the constant stuttering in my games.
Thanks ill try that

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018

He's referring to your power supply. I'm sure you would be having more serious problems than simple stuttering in a video game if your PSU was really the issue. I don't understand why its almost always the first thing people point at as a possible culprit with every single issue, I guess to make it seem like its your fault somehow, like you didn't know what you were doing when you built it, or whoever may have built your PC for you. It could be the operating system itself running certain services you don't even need causing the issue. One of them could be trying to update or install, that in itself will cause some problems.

Solution
Jun 1, 2019
I agree