john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

is robocopy is avialable in windows 2000 server or NT4.0. if so, where we can
get download this tool.

thanks in advance for valuable information

John.

John wrote:

> is robocopy is avialable in windows 2000 server or NT4.0.
> if so, where we can get download this tool.
>
> thanks in advance for valuable information
Hi,

The only Robocopy.exe that is freely available is the one in the
free Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit:

Windows Server 2003 Resource Kit Tools
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&DisplayLang=en

(The kit will install on WinXP or later, the individual files can
then be copied to another computer if needed)

See rktools.chm and robocopy.doc for documentation for Robocopy.exe.

Should work OK on Win2k and WinNT4 as well, from the note part in
rktools.chm:

<quote>
This version of RoboCopy was developed and tested under Microsoft
Windows XP. The recommended minimum operating system platform for
this version of RoboCopy is, therefore, Microsoft Windows XP or
Microsoft Windows Server 2003.

RoboCopy uses only standard, publicly documented Win32 application
programming interfaces (APIs)s throughout. For example, the
program uses CopyFileEx() to copy files, and FindFirstFile() and
FindNextFile() to read directories. In theory, RoboCopy should run
on any operating system that supports these APIs, such as Windows
NT version 4.0 and Windows 2000. However, if you run this version
of RoboCopy on Windows NT version 4.0 or Windows 2000, be aware
that only limited testing has been performed on these platforms.
The theoretical performance of RoboCopy might differ from
practical results.

Because RoboCopy uses the CopyFileEx() Win32 API, it cannot run on
Windows NT 3.1, Windows NT 3.5x, Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows
Millennium Edition.
</quote>

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: