Robolinux resolution fix

abhay_5

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
i today installed robo linux and when i opened it gave me an error The current input timing is not supported by the monitor display.
Please change your input timing to 1920*1080@60Hz or any other monitor listed timing as per the monitor specifications
i booted it again and followed these instructions in a website i found
"When your PC starts and you choose to load Ubuntu (from BIOS not Grub2)
there will be a purple screen,press left shift or esc then you'll get access to grub menu on first line there will be "Ubuntu 11.04 with Linux 2.xx (generic)"
Hover your selection over it and press e
some 5 or 6 lines will show up

On the line which starts with linux \boot go to the end of that sentence and then type:
If you have ATi GPU : radeon.modeset=0
If you have NVidia : nomodeset
For Generic : xforcevesa

after that press ctrl+x

Hopefully it will boot to the GUI and there you can change the resolution.

Hope that helps "
and i have a nvidia gpu so i went with that and i booted successfully but now i am not able to change my resolution it has only 2 options in display menu.but i need hd
please help me.
thanks

Solution
Robolinux uses an very outdated kernel that does not support your video card. Boot with nomodeset like you have then install the proprietary Nvidia drivers.

Still don't see why you want Robolinux which is an unsupported fork of ubuntu
Are you using nouveax or the proprietary NVidia driver?

Assuming everything is correctly connected and functioning Xorg will obtain resolution information from the monitor and will set native resolution automatically. "nomodeset" is only required with nouveax

abhay_5

Commendable
Jun 18, 2016
I am using nvidia gtx 760 previously I has windows and I switched yesterday I just typed nomodeset and booted but I don't get the actual monitor resolution help me please

Robolinux uses an very outdated kernel that does not support your video card. Boot with nomodeset like you have then install the proprietary Nvidia drivers.

Still don't see why you want Robolinux which is an unsupported fork of ubuntu

Solution

yes that appears to be the case. not sure why it needs nomodeset to boot then