[SOLVED] Robotic Voice

evtimtrago

Prominent
Dec 13, 2018
Hello lads, I have some strange behavior going from my PC for the past few days. I feel like it's getting even worse. I do not experience this while browsing stuff and using discord, but when it comes to gaming it's getting really annoying. No matter if I'm talking with 1 or 10 people, literally per 5-15 seconds all i can hear is robotic voices, no issues from the gameplay part. Down below I will post my pc components (I know they are a bit old, I am considering complete upgrade, but till then I'm supposed to do stuff with this one).

1. CPU: I3 2100 3.10GHz
  2. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
  3. 8GB RAM
  4. Operational System: Windows 10 Home build, as of the version 1903.
I have checked the temps, and I have no issues there, the only one I'm not able to see is the CPU, tried few softwares but only speccy seem to do the job, and he's just not showing the CPU one. By posting this thread, I'm in no way trying to solve (completely) the problem, but just to understand what causes it, the CPU is in fact really old, but still does the job that I've been doing for the past years, and only experiencing this issue recently. Haven't really cleaned the pc from dust though, or changed the thermal paste, could that be the problem ? Also the PC is not infected by any malware (I do not use AV to reduce my performance, I know what to open and what not), so everything from that part should be fine. Thanks in advance !

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
Hello lads, I have some strange behavior going from my PC for the past few days. I feel like it's getting even worse. I do not experience this while browsing stuff and using discord, but when it comes to gaming it's getting really annoying. No matter if I'm talking with 1 or 10 people, literally per 5-15 seconds all i can hear is robotic voices, no issues from the gameplay part. Down below I will post my pc components (I know they are a bit old, I am considering complete upgrade, but till then I'm supposed to do stuff with this one).

1. CPU: I3 2100 3.10GHz
  2. GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB
  3. 8GB RAM
  4. Operational System: Windows 10 Home build, as of the version 1903.
I have checked the temps, and I have no issues there, the only one I'm not able to see is the CPU, tried few softwares but only speccy seem to do the job, and he's just not showing the CPU one. By posting this thread, I'm in no way trying to solve (completely) the problem, but just to understand what causes it, the CPU is in fact really old, but still does the job that I've been doing for the past years, and only experiencing this issue recently. Haven't really cleaned the pc from dust though, or changed the thermal paste, could that be the problem ? Also the PC is not infected by any malware (I do not use AV to reduce my performance, I know what to open and what not), so everything from that part should be fine. Thanks in advance !
alright, only thing i can think of right off hand is drivers. make sure drivers are up to date and then restart. you can even try using " driver booster" on steam it seems to get the drivers that windows misses

evtimtrago

Prominent
Dec 13, 2018
Should I really download a 3rd party software just to update my drivers ? I have no trust in such softwares though, they are just doing the "dirty" job for you. Once again I just want to point out that I've never experienced this and I was still doing the same tasks. Not playing triple AAA titles.

muffinmanbored

Prominent
Nov 2, 2018
Should I really download a 3rd party software just to update my drivers ? I have no trust in such softwares though, they are just doing the "dirty" job for you. Once again I just want to point out that I've never experienced this and I was still doing the same tasks. Not playing triple AAA titles.
just throwing out anything that can possibly help man lol not forcing you to download a 3rd party software just suggestions gl tho