Roccat Announces Analog Variant Of Kave XTD 5.1 Headset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ami Yamin

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
So, it's basically like the previous Kave 5.1....
I have a pair of Kave Headphones and the build quality is terrible.
"Subwoofer" Channel is making unbearable noises and had to be silenced to minimum.
Plus, Wires and Soldering inside are fragile and in low quality. very hard to fix those without proper equipment and steady hands.

On the other hand, Its cheap and Games / Action movies sound nice. I use it with Logitech Driving force wheel and a pair of Sony's HMD i got from a friend.
Playing GRID 2 is realy immersive.

Know what to expect when buying :)

Qbuo

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
Do Not Buy!! The connectors attaching the cups to the headphone strap are extremely fragile! Mic is decent-ish... Sound feels like a hack though.

Hyperman

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2011
Have been using my Kave 5.1 for 3 years now. Have nothing to complain on them. Clean sound and the subwoofer is awsome. It's a huge difference on what soundcard you use with them. Have tried them on onboard soundcards, and they sound terrible. Are now using them on a old Sound Blaster Audigy, and it's a huge difference. Just bought me a backup pair on sale. The build quality isn't the best, but they have lasted for 3 years of almost daily use. If you know what you are buying, and use them with care i think they are a good set.

G3ox

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
I had the original Kave 5.1 and they were terrible. The build quality is sub par and the sound is bad. They were also unusable after 1 hour of gaming because of the weight on your head also your ears got very hot inside. Do yourself a favor and buy good quality stereo headphones and a sound card, you can emulate surround sound with software.

Kirrlaos

Reputable
Apr 8, 2015
just save up another 150$ and get some sennheiser pc 363d good sound, good mice and VERY well made I'm a 400 pound man and I've stepped on these a few times and they havn't broke yet.

:3

Status
Not open for further replies.