Roccat Expands New Kone Mouse Line with 6400 dpi Sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

vittau

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
I've went through 3 Omron D2FC-F-7N micro-switches on my SteelSeries Sensei, and they all start double-clicking within months of normal use. It's a pretty common problem with these switches, I'm still trying to figure out why everyone seems to like these so much.

Meanwhile my cheap MS Basic Optical has been working just fine for more than 5 years with the original micro-switches.

grndzro

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2007
Buttons too sensitive. Compare Corsair's mice to any other newer ones. You will feel the difference.

I tried the Sensei too the weight of my hand triggers the buttons. Got a Corsair M65 now and it is a good replacment for my old Logitech G5.

alextheblue

Distinguished
I know what you mean. I've got a 7 year old MS Laser Mouse 6000 that still works flawlessly. It's got a little surface wear and tear, but that hasn't affected it's functionality any. I've also got a SideWinder X3 that's doing quite well. Meanwhile I know a couple of people that keep buying a new Razer mouse every couple years because they suffer strange failures.

I've also had good luck with Logitech devices.

TechnoD

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
Ive got 2 old dell lazer mice that have served me well for 5+ years, but for my gaming mouse, I have been using the Anker Gaming mouse (its on amazon.com). Fantastic mouse, 8000 dpi, lots of quality buttons, natural feel, weighted, etc. very inexpensive, too.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
Yeah, Microsoft's basic mouses are the thing, but the newer ones ain't so good.

I can vouch for my 5200dpi logitech G500. It's durable, very functional, ergonomic, customizable and precise. Can barely work without it.

PanzerIV

Honorable
Jan 3, 2013
Nice! It's about time they make a remake of the great XTD but with a better "optical" sensor! We've seen the Steelseries Rival which I've just bought, Mionix releasing the Naos/Avior 7000 with it too and now the XTD. That new sensor is not only better but less expensive too as these laser mouse were so overpriced. The XTD is prolly the most expensive wired laser mouse at 90$CAD.

I still have my Sensei which I've used for over 2 years and had the Xai before that. Never had any problem at all on it and I used it daily. It just sucks that there's no lift off distance adjustement on the Rival.

G

6400 DPI, really? What a gimmick... I use 800 and can't imagine why anyone would need more than 1800-2000. Maybe that's for people who have 5 cm of desk space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS