Roccat Kave XTD 5.1 Digital Headset Has Soundcard Built-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013
I received today a Roccat Kave 5.1 and they look pretty much like these. It comes with just the controller, so feeds off my computer's soundcard (which is what I want) and have very good sound quality, considering it's a 5.1 headset. For gaming, however, it's really awesome and I recommend, specially considering the price.

What I'm not happy about is the head padding, you know, the band over the head. It's too hard, and these XTD don't seem to be any better. The top of my head hurts after a while... I'll have to add to that padding with a bit of memory foam...

jasonelmore

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2008
"world's first" headset-to-smartphone Bluetooth pairing"

Nope.avi

Turtle Beach's XP500 series has done dual bluetooth paring for 3 years now. I pair mine with my PS3 and iPhone 5S

Vorador2

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
"World's first" in marketing materials are usually sloppy seconds.

In my case i bought a couple of Sharkoon x-tatic cans, because the included S/PDIF decoder allows me to use both my console and computer. They sound reasonably good to my ears, and include 5.1 analog output.

Morbus

Honorable
Nov 30, 2013

They are good things if what you want is surround sound. A stereo headset, no matter how good it is, can never deliver that same sound positioning, even if you adjust your playstyle. I notice a huge advantage in CS and other online FPSs.

Status
Not open for further replies.