Question Roccat Kone XTD mouse

Sep 8, 2019
so i have had this roccat xtd mouse since like 2011-2012 i got it on sale for like 50$ at the time and it was a 90$ mouse and figured ill use it when my logitech mouse dies as its a very comfortable full sized mouse for my big hands. Fast foward the LG mouse recently died fair enough 11 years of service.

i installed the roccat kone xtd and its software and for the first few days it was fine and effortless worked like youd expect it to change led colors setup custom macros profiles etc.

now comes the issue after a week of use. Everytime i log in my profiles are reset and settings at default including the rgb the dpi speeds click speeds macros etc. AS you could imagine this is annoying and i dont feel like setting macros and profiles each time i log in. Even weirder is if i launch the app normally it opens to version 1.21 and does not work at applying any settings changes just freezes but if i run the EXACT same ICON as admin it runs at version 1.09 and applies changes and saves them untill i restart?

it saved and kept my profiles for a week untill it just started behaving like crap. there was no windows or roccat software updates between this time frame either,.
what in the world is going on here.

Lutfij

Titan
You should ideally install all app's under an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You might want to uninstall the app and then reinstall it with the latest off of Roccat support site. Speaking of support, which OS are you working with and which version are you on(if Windows 10)?

Sep 8, 2019
You should ideally install all app's under an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

You might want to uninstall the app and then reinstall it with the latest off of Roccat support site. Speaking of support, which OS are you working with and which version are you on(if Windows 10)?
windows 10 pro.

i downloaded it via roccats website under a admin account i have no other accounts on this pc anyway.
its just strange that one way it runs the current version and the other runs a outdated version that works but needs to be reapplied each time its restarted. and its all based of the same desktop icon being ran normally or as admin