Roccat Kova+ (plus) Scroll Wheel Malfunction

EscTheCtrl

Reputable
Nov 20, 2015
My Roccat Kova+ gaming mouse has started to have an issue involving the scroll wheel. While playing some games my mouse wheel became unresponsive. Whenever I try to scroll up or down it will click a couple times before it will register me scrolling. It seems to cut in and out of registering whether or not I'm scrolling. It does the same thing when I press on the Middle Mouse Button. Sometimes it will work, some times it wont. The middle mouse button has to be pressed pretty hard for it to register the click.

Is there any way I could fix this issue, or is it time for me to buy a new mouse?

Solution
It seams to be a common problem these days. I've had the same issue with the Deathadder. The scrolling works fine though the middle click works only if you press very hard. I think it's because of a poor quality switch they put under the scroll wheel. Even the most expensive mice have a very reliable 5 000 000 clicks Omron switch under a left and right buttons and a cheap square micro switch for a middle button.

Rom Hook

Reputable
Apr 16, 2015
It seams to be a common problem these days. I've had the same issue with the Deathadder. The scrolling works fine though the middle click works only if you press very hard. I think it's because of a poor quality switch they put under the scroll wheel. Even the most expensive mice have a very reliable 5 000 000 clicks Omron switch under a left and right buttons and a cheap square micro switch for a middle button.

Solution