Roccat Launches Kone Pure "Optical" Gaming Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Can a human notice 8200 dpi?
I've been using the "Rat razor 7" for a while now. Best impulse purchase I've made in a while.
The g9x cobra5000 has looks interesting. Does it have different covers?

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I think dpi has been more of a gimmick these last few years, I still use my razer diamond back 3g which has up to 1800dpi I believe and its way to fast at max settings imo. I would like to know what dpi those pro quake players use, its crazy the things they can do.

theLiminator

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2010
I don't think most people can use a mouse accurately at a dpi of 8200, I think really, anything over 1800 is already unneeded (maybe except on a super high resolution screen).

However, with my 3500 dpi mouse, I've probably got it scaled down to a point where it's like a 1400 dpi mouse. This is on 1440p.

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
This write-up leaves me a bit lost. First, is the "Pure 'Optical'" terminology simply marketing fluff?

Also, from the article: "Unlike the previous model which uses a "Pro-Aim" laser sensor with up to 8200 dpi, this new edition is built for PC gamers who prefer the unique feel of an optical sensor gliding over their mousepad."

??? Laser mice ARE optical mice. The only difference is the illumination. There's laser-illuminated mice, and then there's LED-illuminated mice. Both are optical. Laser mice are (assuming the quality of the device isn't poor) generally more accurate than LED mice, so I'm confused as to why moving away from a laser would make people think they're getting a better product, and why using a lower DPI (4000 vs. 8200) is a "better" thing? Not that at either of those DPI's you'll have problems...

teh_chem

Honorable
Jun 20, 2012
Double post--Jesus tom's how hard is it to fix a simple bug where refreshing the page causes a previously-written post to be posted again?!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS