Review Roccat Vulcan II Review: Also Very Pretty

LabRat 891

Honorable
Apr 18, 2019
The RGB Rainbow Puke 'demo' pic doesn't do it any justice.
Every other pic with the keyboard (unilluminated or solid-color) looks fantastic!

Soul_keeper

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Does it allow for changing the lighting (or turning it off) for those of us that don't own windows ?
I really wish they'd just have on/off and brightness knobs for the rgb.
Having software for a keyboard is just unnecessary bloat, and requiring it ruins products imo.

LabRat 891

Honorable
Apr 18, 2019
Does it allow for changing the lighting (or turning it off) for those of us that don't own windows ?
I really wish they'd just have on/off and brightness knobs for the rgb.
Having software for a keyboard is just unnecessary bloat, and requiring it ruins products imo.
It looks like Roccat uses their own 'brand' of RGB LED control, called "HD AIMO" (<-BTW, don't go googling for that if you're at work or around kids).

At least Roccat's AIMO has been integrated into OpenRGB. So, even if the hotkey on the keyboard doesn't set an acceptable pattern/color, OpenRGB 'might' support it.

Reactions: Soul_keeper

Sleepy_Hollowed

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2017
Thanks for the review and you're absolutely correct, mechanical switches are an upgrade over optical ones, I don't know why companies though those would be great, they're only good for a very specific use case, and that's people who love soft keys but want to edit activation point.

That being said, I would only take browns so I hope they do release those, they prevent accidental pressing, and to be honest, and if it's good enough without software, this is a win of a keyboard to be honest, I'm so mad most companies are going to the software suite route to do even the most basic things (Corsair's Vengeance K70 first keyboards did everything, though it had no macros, with the onboard settings, including per-key lighting, though just one color).

Anyways, end of that rant, this is a nice looking light color keyboard that seems good.