Rockstar Posts Next-Gen Screenshots of GTA V

Status
Not open for further replies.

firefoxx04

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
Maybe it has been a while sense I played it on 360 but it looks the same to me.

Could be wrong. I dont care. I just hope the online is fixed and they get rid of the dumb 'bad player lobbies' or whatever. So lame.

dovah-chan

Honorable
I think it looks absolutely wonderful. I'm most impressed with Rockstar's lighting system. The sheen on metals and plastics as well as the ridiculous polycount that vehicles seem to have just blows me away. Far Cry 3 also gave me the same effect, with the sheen bouncing off of the leaves and foliage which just gives the game a lively and vibrant feel.

Games these days are really starting to give prerendered graphics a run for their money, especially with real time cloth physics simulation.

But, once animations and collision simulation are perfected, the real fun begins.

BleedingEdgeTek

Reputable
May 29, 2014
Maybe it has been a while sense I played it on 360 but it looks the same to me.

Could be wrong. I dont care. I just hope the online is fixed and they get rid of the dumb 'bad player lobbies' or whatever. So lame.

Yeah, it's been awhile since you've played then lol

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013
Other sites have been suggesting this is the PC graphics. Thanks for not making the same mistake. For the record, I would be entirely satisfied if these were them. As far as I'm concerned my only true requirement is to have mod support, seeing what modders were able to do for the graphics of skyrim, oh man.

giovanni86

Distinguished
May 10, 2007
When it released for consoles i knew it looked amazing, but i also knew the potential for the game to look even better was without question. I look forward now with only 3 months away from the PC release, just gotta get me two 980's before that day.

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Got in on preorder for the PS4 already. I am so excited!! I never thought I would be so exciited for a game I have already completed but it is what it is. The entire time I played the game on my 360 all I could think about was "I wish they would have waited and released this with better GFX on the newer consoles and/or PC". I was so sad when R announced they had no plans for a PC/PS4 version.

To me a game like this needs good GFX to be immersive. I was impressed by what they pulled off on weakly 360 hardware so I'm hoping to be blown away by the PS version!!

alextheblue

Distinguished
I think it looks absolutely wonderful. I'm most impressed with Rockstar's lighting system. The sheen on metals and plastics as well as the ridiculous polycount that vehicles seem to have just blows me away. Far Cry 3 also gave me the same effect, with the sheen bouncing off of the leaves and foliage which just gives the game a lively and vibrant feel.

Games these days are really starting to give prerendered graphics a run for their money, especially with real time cloth physics simulation.

But, once animations and collision simulation are perfected, the real fun begins.

I was with you 100% until that last line. Everyone knows that the real fun begins once they release the NerveGear. :D

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

No confirmation of this yet, everywhere I've looked says its pending. If it has DX12 support, mantle won't be required as DX12 will have components of Mantle already imbedded.

childofthekorn

Honorable
Jan 31, 2013

A console game ported to a console game thats ported to PC. If you haven't already seen what mods have done for Skyrim (putting those 2k PC's to good use) then you might be pleasantly surprised if GTA V is able to be modded as much as IV was. Would take a good looking game and make it gorgeous.

mizifih

Honorable
Jan 24, 2013
People saying they look the same... please... The gameplay is probably the same, it's the same engine with better textures and visual effects, but yeah, as I just said, better textures and visual effects, game doesn't look the same at all!

Simon Anderson

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2013
I'll be happy simply if you can save your customised cars. (yes yes, i know you can get from inpound but that doesn't always work... they should be persistent and indestructible, like in saints row for example)

Zombie615

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Just sucks that everyone who took advantage of the cheating an exploiting through the online portion back on the 360 an PS3 get to carry over all their goodies. Therefore the online is still going to suck. Going to have people running around with all the weapons tons of ammo an worst of all tanks, jets, and god knows what else they've added on to that. So anyways I'm 50/50 on rather or not I should purchase this again just to have more pointless wildlife an waves in the ocean. Just saying.....

*PC - Now that's a different story but I no longer have one :(

* El'Camino on Monster truck tires looks so badass though lmao! I'd drive that in real life if I had the money for one.

Status
Not open for further replies.