Rockstar Reveals Quick Fix For Grand Theft Auto V Installation Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwl3

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2008
What a joke - delaying the game multiple times ostensibly to "tailor it to PC users. "

This is not the first time a game company has reamed PC users in the but while claiming that they're giving them a superior experience. And some of you imbeciles believe it. Particularly the ones that say "good that they delayed the game, I'd rather have a perfect game than a glitchy one." Looks like you got the delayed, glitchy version.

Rockstar is not getting another dollar from me ever again. Screwing PC users for 2 years to milk the console crowd is unacceptable. EA did that back then; look where they are now. Meanwhile, 2k went the opposite route this year with NBA 2k15 and made a fortune on the PC crowd.

Rockstar is not getting another dollar from me ever again. Screwing PC users for 2 years to milk the console crowd is unacceptable. EA did that back then; look where they are now. Meanwhile, 2k went the opposite route this year with NBA 2k15 and made a fortune on the PC crowd.

While I wish us PC gamers aren't getting screwed by just about every company out there, dropping PC users in favor of console profits have not hurt any company over the past decade. EA is still the largest gaming publisher in the world, and while they're hated by almost all gamers, they have remained significantly more profitable than most other companies. The same can be said about Ubisoft, who will continue to gain high profits as long as they don't botch game launches across the board. Meanwhile, you say 2K is making a killing off of NBA 2k15, their stock has actually gone down since the beginning of the year.

Achoo22

Distinguished
Aug 23, 2011
Rockstar is pathetic, and I'm not at all surprised that the game is having launch issues. And, re the fix: why in the heck would I need to be an administrator to install/run the game? What the heck? And why is the game trying to download patches instead of letting Steam do it?

berton83

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
I completed all of the above, but when I start the installation process I accept user agreement - then the blue loading shoots to the end in 5 seconds installs direct x components - try's to load through social club then says rockstar games services are unavailable please try again later - it's obvious the game didn't even install properly as it's 60gb and it takes longer then 3 seconds - any help offered would be much appreciated - I'm completely stuck!!

ninjustin

Honorable
Apr 3, 2013
The game is extremely well polished. Bugs happen with any software release. The only thing I want is for any copies that weren't purchased on Steam should really be able to use the overlay and Steam Streaming where as they can't right now.

2 hours pissing about last night trying to install on windows 8 with a windows login.

Which automatically puts a space between first/last name.
Download started but kept failing after 30mb with GTA v launcher has stopped working error.
Had to create a local account login after which it works - sort of - went down to 15kps of one point & stated 367 hours left to download !!!

Left it running all night & still only at 45gb on a 150 meg connection - not happy.

braneman

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2009
The game is extremely well polished. Bugs happen with any software release. The only thing I want is for any copies that weren't purchased on Steam should really be able to use the overlay and Steam Streaming where as they can't right now.
"well polished" apparently means "wont even install if you have so much as a period in your username" and "online drm even for single player linked to servers with all the power of an IBM 8088" and "won't support mobile nvidia cards" and "requires windows media player to install" and "the benchmark is broken and you have to alt-f4 out of it"
Seriously this is the worst launch I've been through since New Vegas and even that was about five times smaller to download, would install properly and didn't have some sort of third party DRM like social club.

leeb2013

Honorable

Correct, when you pay $80 for a product and you can't use it without having to investigate and initiate some sort of fix, then no, it's not good enough.

it has long been an entitlement (a right by law in fact) to have a product you purchase work correctly. It's the acceptance by some people, that's there's bound to be issues with something they buy, that allows there to be issues like this.

As it was found easily and fixed easily, wouldn't one expect it to have been fixed already?!

I did not buy it so I cant say its a bad game without playing it, but I know my time can be spent better on other games, or doing laundry.
I tried GTA 4 and quite simply was bored by it. Not much point in overpaying for a 65 GB HDD space eating game that probably I wont play for more than 5 hours.

hst101rox

Reputable
Aug 28, 2014
I'm going to see if my Asus G50VT laptop with an X9100 Penryn Core 2 Duo at 3.45GHZ can play this game at all. Should be interesting. Hopefully not that much more demanding than GTA4

Jesus Christ - 17kbps for the last 2 nights - on the fastest internet connection currently available in the UK!!

Its taken me literally 3 nights to download - I could have grabbed the cracked torrent version in about 90 minutes.

It had finished this morning before I left for work so I may actually gets chance to have a blast this weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.