Question rockstar social club

Mt Power

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
Hello all,
I am attempting to install rockstar games, to play red dead 2.

When installing I can send the rockstar install to my secondary gaming drive.

However social club appears to install to the C:\ drive.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Thank you!

Mt Power

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2012
thats what is so strange. you can send the rockstar game launcher to install on the secondary drive, but the social club will only install on the C:\.

I reinstalled it several times, but they is no way to get it on the secondary.

Im just surprised 2019 this is a problem for a major game company.

the conspiracist in me thinks it so they can collect more data?

At any rate it was annoying me so much, and quite frankly I dont like to support rock star or 2k games, that I requested a refund.

I am assuming when it is finally released on steam it will have the same problem. as I think like Uplay, you need the rockstar launcher to play their games.

Thanks for the help!

Hi just found this old post when answering a similar question , I think you are looking for a problem that you don't really need to fix. Social club on c is not a problem you have don't right by having the main game on another drive because as you know its 82gb and some c drives are not very big compared to secondary drives. From what you say am I right in thinking you don't have any other Rockstar games. The old style launcher was just a short cut say for GTA V or whatever game you was launching. A few months ago the launcher was updated so mine now shows GTA V and Red redemption IF I wanted to buy it.

With regards to "data collection" they would get whatever they want anyway even if they say they don't.
A lot of companies such as EPIC , GOG , and ROCKSTAR and bringing out their own steam style interface snd actually its a good idea because if you have to reboot your pc to a never used state all you need to do is get the launchers again.

TIP TIME … I always save these types of launchers to a pen drive before using because in the past I have had trouble getting old games back. I want to use some old Ubisoft games but I cant because when I try to login and get the launcher it says email address in use IT IS BY ME ! so I have a load of games I cant use , if I open a new account the system wont let me have my old games because my new account will be empty.

Ubisoft don't like talking to customers.