RODE NT-USB + Audio Technica ATH-AD700X problem (was working, now it is not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ihave400houses

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Hi,

Last month i bought a new microphone (Rode NTUSB) and headphones (Audio Technica ATH-AD700X) and I had no problems until today. It was working perfectly until i came home today and turned my computer on. It sounds heavily distorted and not like it used to, which was super clear and crisp.

The way it is currently setup is my headphones 3.5mm jack is plugged directly into the microphone (not into the microphone socket on the motherboard) and then the microphone is connected to the motherboard with USB.

Since it was being weird I tried a different setup. I plugged it straight into the speaker jack on the motherboard it worked like it used to, perfectly.

Something else that I guess i should note is that I just noticed that when I bring up the motherboards audio software (ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager) It doesnt appear to have the RODE in its list of devices. So maybe it has something to do with the sound not being processed by the driver??

I do realise that I could just use the speaker socket on the motherboard but I really liked it when it worked while it was plugged into the microphone because it had volume control, and a dial that allowed me to hear myself if needed be, which is good for recording.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.