Rode NT1 to mini stereo

Charles

I just purchased a Panasonic PV-GS120 camcorder and I want to use my
Rode NT1 mic for video seminars. What is the best way to connect the
Rode XLR to mini stereo? I've seen XLR to mini stereo adapters and
they are in the hundred dollar range, but is this overkill?

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:35:56 -0400, Charles wrote
(in article <5eee6582.0406192035.2ce31d3@posting.google.com>):

> I just purchased a Panasonic PV-GS120 camcorder and I want to use my
> Rode NT1 mic for video seminars. What is the best way to connect the
> Rode XLR to mini stereo? I've seen XLR to mini stereo adapters and
> they are in the hundred dollar range, but is this overkill?

Won't work anyway.

First you need phantom power, which the mini TRS probably does not provide.

Second the mono mic into a stereo unbalanced camera input requires a special
cable.

You'd be better off using a small Mackie mixer to power teh mic right and
send the mixer's stereo unbalanced outputs to the camera.

Why an NT1 for video seminars? I'd much prefer a lav placed on the person
speaking. You'll never get the person speaking close enough to the mic.

Regards,

Ty Ford

stuff are at http://home.comcast.net/~tyreeford