ROE and Linux

Does anyone know if there is a linux installer for the Resurrection of
Evil addon pack? If not, can it be installed manually?

orison wasted my time on 4/6/2005 9:33 PM with the following:
> Does anyone know if there is a linux installer for the Resurrection of
> Evil addon pack? If not, can it be installed manually?

I'm pretty sure that there's no linux support period at this point.

True, you can copy the pk4's manually, but this does you little good.
The big changes are in the core code, which is only in dll form at the
moment. Without a .so compilation, you're SoL, as well as all the other
Nix Doomers (including a friend of mine who is anxious to run a
dedicated CTF server for me and the rest of our mod team :()

--
-SnoopJeDi

On 4/6/2005 6:33 PM orison brightened our day with:

>Does anyone know if there is a linux installer for the Resurrection of
>Evil addon pack? If not, can it be installed manually?

Yes it could be installed manually but it will require that Doom 3 be
patched to 1.2 which is included on the disc. Of course that's a
Windows patch, you'll have to hope that the upcoming 1.3 release which
is supposed to straighten multiplayer out between regular D3 and RoE is
released with a Linux version.
A manual install would then consist of copying the d3xp folder off of
the hard drive to your Doom 3 dir.

So, not yet, hopefully soon.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

On 4/6/2005 6:56 PM Inglo brightened our day with:

> On 4/6/2005 6:33 PM orison brightened our day with:
>
>> Does anyone know if there is a linux installer for the Resurrection of
>> Evil addon pack? If not, can it be installed manually?
>>

> Yes it could be installed manually but it will require that Doom 3 be
> patched to 1.2 which is included on the disc. Of course that's a
> Windows patch, you'll have to hope that the upcoming 1.3 release which
> is supposed to straighten multiplayer out between regular D3 and RoE
> is released with a Linux version.
> A manual install would then consist of copying the d3xp folder off of
> the hard drive to your Doom 3 dir.
>
> So, not yet, hopefully soon.

oops:
A manual install would then consist of copying the d3xp folder off of
the *cd* drive to your Doom 3 dir.

--
Steve ¤»Inglo«¤
www.inglostadt.com

SnoopJeDi wrote:
> orison wasted my time on 4/6/2005 9:33 PM with the following:
>> Does anyone know if there is a linux installer for the Resurrection
>> of Evil addon pack? If not, can it be installed manually?
>>

> I'm pretty sure that there's no linux support period at this point.
>
> True, you can copy the pk4's manually, but this does you little good.
> The big changes are in the core code, which is only in dll form at the
> moment. Without a .so compilation, you're SoL, as well as all the
> other Nix Doomers (including a friend of mine who is anxious to run a
> dedicated CTF server for me and the rest of our mod team :()

you could always get Cedega to install the windows version of D3 and ROE.
Granted, it's another process running in the background on top of D3, but I
suppose it's better than not running it at all