<A HREF="http://users.pandora.be/compas/stresstest/intel.html" target="_new">Hope this aint a re-post</A>

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
A bit slow today, aren't we ? :)
Then again, I posted that in that much too long thread, so I guess its normal most ppl didn't notice it.

BTW, I am seeing if I can do a good complete spoof article on this, a bit like my Toms Hardware Bribe pages for those that remember, but I need a lot of pics, and my digital camera is on vacation by itself for two more weeks. Is someone willing and able to shoot some pics of his rig, specifically the way I tell you to ? PM me, and I'll tell you what it is I need exactly. Preferably someone with a recent A64 and/or S775 rig.

For obvious reasons, I would also need a picture of a large pile of motherboard boxes (or something looking alike, or at least something that I can photoshop to make it look like a huge pile of MB boxes). Again, if you can help me, PM me.

Any really good idea's to put into a spoofed stability test are also welcome, but again by PM please, so you don't spoil it before it is ready.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

apesoccer

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
I can give it a try if you want. I have 5-6 mobo boxes, a dig camera, a 64 3000+ (currently oc'd...), 2500+, 2400+ and p4 2400 mobile (just need a hsf to put on it...i do however have it in a really crappy case!!!)i can take pictures of if needed. Unfortunately i have more stuff then time to spend with them. =(

F@H:
AMD: [64 3000+][2500+][2000+ down][1.3x2][366]
Intel: [X 3.0x3][P4 3.0x2][P4 2.4x5 down][P4 1.4]

"...and i'm not gay" RX8 -Greatest Quote of ALL Time

mozzartusm

Splendid
Sep 17, 2004
TT and Coors man are running against us. Rich is their campaign manager.

<font color=green>NED FLANDERS FOR PRESIDENT</font color=green> Its justa nother gansta PARTY!
Intel P4 Extreme(3.73)@<font color=green>5.6Ghz</font color=green>
Asus P5AD2-E-Premium
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 667@DDR2 855

RichPLS

Champion
LOL!
Vote for RC!

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
>I figured out how you did smoke effect in Photoshop,

Are you sure ? that was the "hard" part; There is a smoke filter in PS, but you need a layer mask as well, on which I also applied a different smoke effect to determine transparancy. Otherwise it looks crap. Then I brushed some more on the mask with a huge brush and very low opacity to increase smoke where I wanted it.

>but what did you use to get the red effect especially on the
> HSF?

Easy. Make a selection of the parts you dont want to 'glow', like the logo on top of the fan, invert selection and then apply lightening effect: red omni directional light. Play with ambient and omni settings until it looks right.

= The views stated herein are my personal views, and not necessarily the views of my wife. =

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
Filter count doesnt matter :) Seriously, its all about proper use of layers and layer masks. Once you are good with that, you can do anything even with 1/10th the available standard filters. I use about 4 filters if that many:
-Motion blur
-lightening effects
-hmmm.. ? Perhaps solarize once every 6 months

I used the render clouds for the very first time on this one, I swear. Didnt even know it was in there, and I was looking for a picture with smoke to create the layer mask :D

mpasternak

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2005
What version of Photoshop you got?
I havnt used ti since 4 and i'm thinkin of picking up a new copy.

I've been lazy in getting some stuff done and should pick it up again

oh ya, and a TABLET makes working in photoshop brilliant

RichPLS

Champion
*Thumbs Up!*
:)

<pre><font color=red>°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o \\// o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°
And the sign says "You got to have a membership card to get inside" Huh
So I got me a pen and paper And I made up my own little sign</pre><p></font color=red>

P4Man

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2004
>What version of Photoshop you got?

Photoshop CS.. whats that, 8 or so ? Not that I use (m)any of the new features, for the most part, I'd still be just as happy with PS4. The only major thing is the ability to undo more than one step.. finally :D

>oh ya, and a TABLET makes working in photoshop brilliant

I guess, if you're good with it. But my drawing and stuff sucks balls, I'm wouldn't be any good with it. A friend of mine makes amazing things with it though, but basically, when you suck with pencil and paper (like me), a tablet aint gonna bring you much :)

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Nice hobby!

<font color=blue>If there is a possibility of several things going wrong, the one that will go wrong first will be the one that will do the most possible damage</font color=blue>

BePe86

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2005
I have a good idea for this article for this; after the EE840 has destroyed 10 mb's, they switch the entire system to a Pentium 2, and then it kicks the [-peep-] out of the 4800 in the performence, and runs stable 24/7. Then the cpu lived happily ever after.