[SOLVED] Rog b450 f gaming help on bios

LuciferDoll

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
I recently bought the mobo and this week i will get the ryzen 5 3600, and i was reading other threads and some guy updated to the latest bios and now he needs an old ryzen to make the mobo work and put other bios, does the latest bios of this motherboard ( rog b450 f gaming ) support the new gen, i dont want to f* up the new mobo and cpu i am new to dis

Solution
I would see if you can get a boot kit first and if you can then install the CPU they loan you and check and see what BIOS is on the board now.
Once you know that you can then upgrade to BIOS version 2406 is the newest version that fully supports the 3000 series CPUs.
You could try Version 2301 (which is supposed to support the new CPUs) first and see if that works with the Ryzen 3600, but since I don't have a 3000 series CPU yet I don't know if it will work or not.
https://www.asus.com/News/EtaH71Hbjuio1arV

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
You will need a 1000 or 2000 series CPU to install so you can update the BIOS to version 2406 BEFORE you can use a Ryzen 5 3600 on that MB.

I have the same MB but with a Ryzen 5 2600 on it, so if/when I upgrade I will just need to flash the new BIOS.

LuciferDoll

Reputable
Jul 9, 2019
Btw if they can loan a boot kit should i put the latest bios or before the latest? because i think the latest one has a lot of problems and if i put the one before i will not have any problems right ?

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I would see if you can get a boot kit first and if you can then install the CPU they loan you and check and see what BIOS is on the board now.
Once you know that you can then upgrade to BIOS version 2406 is the newest version that fully supports the 3000 series CPUs.
You could try Version 2301 (which is supposed to support the new CPUs) first and see if that works with the Ryzen 3600, but since I don't have a 3000 series CPU yet I don't know if it will work or not.
https://www.asus.com/News/EtaH71Hbjuio1arV

Solution