Question rog b450 f gaming....

SPECOPS70

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
Hello.

I have an asus rog b450 f gaming mobo. I got off the phone with asus support and they stated I can use an hdmi (plug and play) or i can use the optical connection. But it is not working. I cannot hear anything.

OK i am trying to setup a sony receiver to play my PC sound. I connected the hdmi cable from my mobo into the receiver in to the game hdmi slot on my rcvr. I have the speakers connected to rcvr and the rcvr input is set to game. I cannot hear anything and i am wondering what am i doing wrong? I have not tried the optical yet.....i want the hdmi way to work. I went into sound settings in windows and i see my oculus, nari headset, my 3 displays, realtek hd sound, synapse etc. but no sony rcvr. what can i do?

i can hear the radio out of the rcvr. so it is working.

the optical works. but why not hdmi? but the optical sounds bad.

rcvr link:

pc:
ryzen 7 3700x
rtx 2060
psu 750
b450 f gaming mobo
32 gb ram

thx

Last edited:
That's most likely because you don't have an integrated graphics card to use the HDMI on your motherboard. The R7 3700X doesn't have integrated graphics, so the video output ports from your motherboard are basically useless... you can't use them.

If you want to use the receiver through HDMI, you'll need to connect it to your dedicated GPU (RTX 2060).

SPECOPS70

Honorable
Nov 29, 2018
here is what has happend. I will go buy a display port tomorrow and hook it up via hdmi BUT my subs?

OK. I cannot get my subwoofers to get going. I have three of them that i have connected and tried out and all do the same. they are barely putting out any power. the woofer itself under the sub is barely moving. what is going on?

I decided to hook up my sony strdn840 which i had connected to a surround system in one of my rooms. decided to hook it up to my PC. Ok I have two tall jbl front speakers connected to the rcvr. then i ran an optical cable from my motherboard to the optical on the rcvr. i have sound.

then i ran my sub cable from one of the sub connections on rcvr to the back of the sub. i plugged it into the white connection and the red connection and non give it enough power. I have the power knob in the back of sub at full blast and still nothing. i went into the level setting in the rcvr and put the sub at 8.0 just see and still nothing. what am i doing wrong? any ideas?

all three subs work.