[SOLVED] ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero and Adata XPG Gammix S70 M.2 NVMe SSD

Melvin_6

Honorable
Mar 30, 2016
So bought that ssd, but I couldn't install it on neither of the m2 slots with the factory heatsink. I tried installing on the one near the cpu but the screw that comes with the motherboard would not reach (seems like that one is taller bc is where the motherboard heatsink is screwed, so if I put the stand it won't be parallel to the board and if I don't, the screw doesn't reach), on the bottom one it just doesn't fit. (The chipset protection gets in the way) Any one was successfull installing the drive in this board? What are my options :/? Thanks
Untitled.png

Solution
So bought that ssd, but I couldn't install it on neither of the m2 slots with the factory heatsink. I tried installing on the one near the cpu but the screw that comes with the motherboard would not reach (seems like that one is taller bc is where the motherboard heatsink is screwed, so if I put the stand it won't be parallel to the board and if I don't, the screw doesn't reach), on the bottom one it just doesn't fit. (The chipset protection gets in the way) Any one was successfull installing the drive in this board? What are my options :/? Thanks
Untitled.png
There should be a small/short standoff (#3) and a small screw (#5) in the package. Screw in appropriate (For SSD's length) hole in the...
Untitled.png
There should be a small/short standoff (#3) and a small screw (#5) in the package. Screw in appropriate (For SSD's length) hole in the MB, place SSD so it's notch fits over standoff and screw it own, After that replace heatsink.

Solution

Melvin_6

Honorable
Mar 30, 2016
There should be a small/short standoff (#3) and a small screw (#5) in the package. Screw in appropriate (For SSD's length) hole in the MB, place SSD so it's notch fits over standoff and screw it own, After that replace heatsink.

The last is taller than the rest, Its kind of wierd that in the manual It looks diferent. If I put the standoff there ssd doesn't rest parrallel to the board. :unsure:
Inked-Untitled-LI-2.jpg

Melvin_6

Honorable
Mar 30, 2016
The problem seems to be that the back of the ssd rests on that black suport, but the ssd comes with a backplate.
Untitled.png

26914754-0d7c-40ee-bb2e-76eaab64f6a7.jpg

So when I tried to screw the other end the screw won't reach.