Question ROG G75VM Laptop Questions

Dec 30, 2019
I have a ROG G75VM laptop I recently purchased from ebay and i've just installed a new Windows 7 Ultimate.

My questions are:

1. The backlight for the keys doesn't respond to the Fn+f3 and Fn+f4, but it DOES work, as it lights up whenever I start up or reboot.
  2. There's a webcam in the laptop, but no software, etc. to use it
  3. The stats online say this laptop has a maximum 16GB RAM limit, but an SIW search says it is actually 32GB, although it doesn't tell me the maximum bank size. Which is correct?
  4. The laptop has the i7-3610QM CPU and a Nvidia GTX 670M graphics. Can it be upgraded, and if so, what can it take?
  5. The Device Manager, after the install of Win7Ult, and downloading all the available drivers on the ASUS site for the laptop, is still showing an unknown Network Controller. It says it is located in PCI bus 3. There are details given in the Network Controller>Details tab, but I'm not sure which to copy here to properly identify what the device is to get the right driver.
  6. Whenever I plug in a USB Device, it keeps telling me the device will run faster in a USB 3.0 slot, but I've tried all of the slots on the laptop with the same device (my OPPO Reno Z phone) and still get the same prompt.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS