Question ROG Maximus XI Hero Wifi? Lights and Fans Spin when I turn on PSU

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
We kept getting A2 code so we updated the BIOS via Fat32 USB which worked. We weren't able to get the display to popup but everything was turning on fine.

Then we disconnected the two m2 ssds and EVGA 2080 ti and we were able to get bios so we decided to try and plug in the m2s and then we started getting this other problem.

When I turn on PSU the lights and fans spin but then they turn off shorty after and when I try to turn on Power on front panel it wouldn't turn on.

When we had the Bios up Pre M2 drives we saw it was reading Keyboard Mouse and 16GB Ram.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Spartagus423/saved/#view=cd6TCJ

That is my Current PC Specs that I am building with and this is my first attempt building on my own.

Something New...When I turn on power supply the fan on it isn't spinning but my Fans inside computer are turning on and so is EVGA 2080ti and also the Noctura U15 but it looks like the Power Supply EVGA 850 W is not but I was told it will turn on if I could turn on the power button to computer on front panel.

:Update:
I heard about the paperclip test to test if the PSU is still good. I had an adapter that came in the box that I put on the 24 pin to connect it to the PSU and when I turned on the power supply from the back the PSU fan was spinning which is a good sign I think telling me the PSU is good right?

I still think it is a faulty mobo but I don't know much on trouble shooting so I wanted to get your opinion.

Last edited:

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
Well here is the update...I took out the motherboard and unplugged everything.

I plugged the 24 pin and 8 pin into the PSU and tried turning computer on. The fans weren't spinning which was a good sign. Then I started individually plugging in stuff and it worked fine.

I was able to get into bios.

The next thing I need to do is just figure out the best settings.