Question Rog Maximus XII & 10900KF - no bluetooth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

brianz

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
I am running my own recently built Intel 10900 KF on an Asus Rog Maximus XII, which per their website specs says will be bluetooth 5.1 enabled, in Windows 10 build 19041 or later, which I am running. Yet I cannot turn on bluetooth to enable it, much less connect my new wireless controller. By all appearances, I have no bluetooth.

Am I missing something, or does anybody know what's going on?

Thanks!
Brian

I am running my own recently built Intel 10900 KF on an Asus Rog Maximus XII, which per their website specs says will be bluetooth 5.1 enabled, in Windows 10 build 19041 or later, which I am running. Yet I cannot turn on bluetooth to enable it, much less connect my new wireless controller. By all appearances, I have no bluetooth.

Am I missing something, or does anybody know what's going on?

Thanks!
Brian
Do you see it in device manager ?
Did you download the driver from your motherboard's support page ? There are several updates for the Bluetooth driver, it seems, on the Asus support page

brianz

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Device manager doesn't show Bluetooth. I have tried to install this driver and rebooted:

Version 21.110.0.3
2020/08/18 10.73 MBytes
Intel Bluetooth Driver(AX201) V21.110.0.3 For Windows 10 64-bit.
DOWNLOAD

It runs some invisible batch for a second, doesn't appear to install anything. Reboot shows no bluetooth, nothing.

Device manager doesn't show Bluetooth. I have tried to install this driver and rebooted:

Version 21.110.0.3
2020/08/18 10.73 MBytes
Intel Bluetooth Driver(AX201) V21.110.0.3 For Windows 10 64-bit.
DOWNLOAD

It runs some invisible batch for a second, doesn't appear to install anything. Reboot shows no bluetooth, nothing.
From the Microsoft support page, there are 2 options that you can try:
1) Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.
On Cortana's search box, type, "Troubleshooting" > left-click on the result > Hardware and Sound > open Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

2) Restart Bluetooth Support Service.

Press the Windows key + R, then type "services.msc". Once the Services window opens, locate Restart Bluetooth Support Service > right-click > Restart.

After so, right-click on it again, choose Properties, then ensure startup type is on Automatic.

Once done, please restart your computer and see if Bluetooth is functioning.

brianz

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2009
Troubleshooting tells me that I have no bluetooth capability. Services shows the "bluetooth support service" running.

I am beginning to think Big Louie's comment is accurate. This mobo with bluetooth just... doesn't have bluetooth.

Guess I'll get a dongle like a chump... thanks all

bwana

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2006
I had the same problem with a MaximusHeroXIIWiFi. In Device manager, there is no hint as to which device is ACTUALLY the bluetooth chip. There was on device with a yellow triangle on it whose hardware ID is 8087&PID_0026. Update the driver for that device and point it to the folder where the BT driver is. If you want to have a troublefree ASUS experience, DO NOT USE THEIR DRIVERS!
Go to the ASUS forums here
download the drivers by MokiChu. He repackages the drivers from the manufacturers and THEY WORK. Just read how many people thank him.

Status
Not open for further replies.