ROG PG278QR High Refresh Rate Issue

Dec 14, 2014
Hello,

I just bought the PG278QR and I cannot switch the refresh rate beyond 85Hz without it either flickering or saying "DisplayPort NO SIGNAL". The other issue is that eventually it will switch the refresh rate down to 24Hz. Sometimes, I will also have a weird ghosting issue. (This is the rarest of my list of issues.) These issues occur with or without G-Sync/Monitor-Overclocking enabled.

If I plug my PG278QR into my GPU I get the results listed above. If I plug it into my Motherboard, I can get 1440@120Hz (No G-Sync).

I currently have the VG248QE (No G-Sync) and it's been working fine at 1080@144Hz. I can even switch the DisplayPort for this to my Motherboard and still achieve 1080@144Hz.

I have tested this with the original DisplayPort that came with the monitor and the new one that I just purchased.

Solutions that I've tried:
1) Installed the GPU drivers (372.54) that came on the disc.
2) Updated my drivers (388.43) to the latest available.
3) Disabled/enabled G-Sync.
4) Disabled/enabled Overclocking on the monitor.
5) Bought and tested on 4 different DisplayPort cables. (I had 2 others laying around.)
6) Unplugged and clean my GPU.
7) I used DDU and then reinstalled my drivers to the latest available.
9) I've unplugged the display for several minutes.
10) Updated windows.
11) Installed PG278QR's drivers.
12) I have also searched the internet for more thoughts or solutions.

I think that is everything that I have tried. I did try contacting ASUS's customer service, but they have been busy all day. I think I'm at the point of just RMA my monitor, because as best as I can tell there is nothing else for me to do. :(

Thanks in advance!

My Computer:
Motherboard: Z97-A
Motherboard BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 2801
GPU: GeForce GTX 970
GPU BIOS: 84.4.1f.0.72
CPU: i7-4790K

TRENDING THREADS