[SOLVED] Rog Ryujin 360 problem with a fan

MPDota

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
So from the pump head goes a cable that splits into three female fan connectors (3 pin), and according to an installation guide, there you should connect all rad fans. One of those female connectors causes a fan connected to it to go 100% full speed all the time, ignoring all the settings from the bios and Armory software. Any idea how to fix this?
I had to remove the fan and connect it as a CHA_FAN on my motherboard (Formula XI)... and now my pc doesn't sound like a jet.

Solution
Same thing. See the offset key, you can use it as 3pin or 4pin. The only difference is in the wire count, 1 of the branches will look exactly like that, the other 2 will only have 3 wires, the black, red, missing, blue. The yellow is tachometer, so the header only needs to see one fan speed.

If there's no way to verify if pins are switched, I'd call Asus support, because it's obviously a factory defect. They should send a new one. It's impossible to have 2 fans correct and a third not when all 3 branches are from the same source.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Just that fan? Or any fan?

Verify the wire colors at the end of the problem connector

They should line up black, red, yellow/orange, blue in that order. It's rare that pins get mixed up, but it does happen occasionally. Those fans are pwm so receive a constant 12v from the header, if 2 branches are working fine, there's no issue with supply, only receiving. If the other fans work as should, and the wires all look right, it's an issue with the Y itself, 2 of the wires in the junction are swapped.

MPDota

Reputable
Feb 1, 2016
Just one female 3 pin connector is making the fan that is connected to it go crazy. All the wires are black? And in your picture that is as far as I know a male 4 pin connector?

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Same thing. See the offset key, you can use it as 3pin or 4pin. The only difference is in the wire count, 1 of the branches will look exactly like that, the other 2 will only have 3 wires, the black, red, missing, blue. The yellow is tachometer, so the header only needs to see one fan speed.

If there's no way to verify if pins are switched, I'd call Asus support, because it's obviously a factory defect. They should send a new one. It's impossible to have 2 fans correct and a third not when all 3 branches are from the same source.

Solution