Question Rog Strix 2060 damaged at asus service?

hlttmz

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2015
I have a ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2060 OC GPU (Bought in April 2020) Warranity still valid.

My question is what happened to my GPU in the ASUS Turkey's Service, they said this is crystallization for high voltage and temp. BTW Gpu never opened.

"During the controls of the graphics card, damage was detected on the GPU and the Cooling block. A deep burn occurred in the GPU crystal. The graphics card was out of warranty due to the user's misuse of the product."

But nothing happened on PCB, transistor and any other components (ther are works well)

My question is that possible for high voltage or temp as they said??

images whom sent me by ASUS.

4issneqv8tq91.jpg

Last edited:

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
If this is the official position of the warranty center there is nothing we could say or do that is going to change that. As the original purchaser you could attempt to go "up the chain" but suspect you would be wasting your time. Probably best to start considering a replacement.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Frankly that doesn't look deep enough to actually hit anything. Usually a few millimeters of silicon on top of the actual internal structure. Unless they are saying that it exploded from the inside and that is the exit hole. I would love to see that through magnifying class or microscope.

Not sure how they can attribute that to user abuse. Sometimes silicon has internal failures, that is what the warranty is for.

You didn't have a BIOS mod on it that they could see or anything?

hlttmz

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2015
If this is the official position of the warranty center there is nothing we could say or do that is going to change that. As the original purchaser you could attempt to go "up the chain" but suspect you would be wasting your time. Probably best to start considering a replacement.

They wants repair this issue for "9500 TRY" which means i could buy cheaper RTX 3060 even. 2 days after they offered me %72 discount to "5500 TRY" after i have mailed to asus global mails. All BS.

@Eximo I did't have. I just wanted to change the thermal paste and get rid of the fan noise within the warranity period.

Can you link to the exact warranty service you used?
This sure sounds like an "authorized repair center" rather than an actual Asus service center.

As mentioned above, arguing with the warranty provider is difficult, but you are welcome to try.
Personally, Id ask them to explain, and document, in detail, exactly how such damage could have been caused by the end user (you).

hlttmz

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2015
Can you link to the exact warranty service you used?
This sure sounds like an "authorized repair center" rather than an actual Asus service center.

As mentioned above, arguing with the warranty provider is difficult, but you are welcome to try.
Personally, Id ask them to explain, and document, in detail, exactly how such damage could have been caused by the end user (you).

Sorry. Yes this is authorized repair center by Asus. I have opened case at asus.com, auto received mail by rma and shipment number to send it repair center.

Honestly; ASUS TR mailed me

"In the service, the operations are carried out under the camera. Therefore, the devices are not damaged by the service, and if damage is done, they take responsibility and take action free of charge. These images are not shared with you and are shared by the court if requested.

Yesterdey ASUS TR call me and said that;

The camera records only determine whether there is damage or not when the package first arrives.

<Moderator edit for Language>