Question ROG STRIX 2080S BSOD 41

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
I recently upgraded to an RTX 2080S and haven't had any issues anywhere besides one game. I can play different games and benchmark no issue. However, when I play War Thunder, I have gotten game crashes or a BSOD with error code 41 for power. I have both of the power connectors plugged in and it doesn't error out during multiple passes of Unigine Heaven. What am I doing wrong?

PSU: EVGA 850w BQ
CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
RAM: 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance @ 3200mhz
Mobo: AsRock B450 Pro4

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
I recently upgraded to an RTX 2080S
Used or brand new? Prior to your RTX GPU, what were you working with prior?

How old is the PSU in your build? As for your platform, what BIOS version are you on for your motherboard?

Used, previously had an Rx 5600XT. I used DDU to remove drivers before installing this one.
The PSU is a couple years old, never ran with more load than when I had the 5600xt. Even now, I had just run DCS for a couple of minutes and no issues, still only War Thunder

Edit: CMD prompt bios reports P3.10

advancedmixedgaming

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2015
Question regarding the cables now that I'm looking over it again; the PSU is semi-modular, which included an odd adapter for an integrated cable from 2 six pins to an 8 pin, which I am currently using. I'm assuming that's fine? Or should I swap it to a separate 8 pin to 6+2 pin and plug that into a VGA port on the PSU and use both of my separate adapters, not the integrated cable?