[SOLVED] ROG Strix 2080Ti Issues

Jan 19, 2019
Wanted to reach out to the experts here to see if anyone is familiar with or has a solution to my problem.

Received a brand new ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-011G-Gaming today. Excitedly installed into into the Mobo and booted her up. Ran Heaven benchmark to note the performance gains but could not make it through the process without the display driver crashing out. I know I've read there has been some trouble with the 2080TI models but thought that had passed. Also tried to run Shadow of the Tomb Raider benchmark and again, crashed about 3/4 of the way through. Please note that all tests have been run at factory default settings.

Has anyone else experienced this? Could it be a driver issues or should I RMA it?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Rig:

ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming LGA1151 DDR4 DP HDMI DVI M.2 Z370 ATX
Intel i7-8700K 3.70 GHz
ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-011G-Gaming (factory settings)
Samsung 960 Evo M.2 1TB SSD
2 WD Blue 1TB 7200 RPM HDD
16GB of RAM
Corsair HX1000i
Acer Predator 3440 X 1440 100 hZ monitor

Solution

And I don't think it's your PSU as that is a good quality unit and plenty of power for the system. As long as it's seated correctly with the right power connections and new drivers then I'd suspect it may be a issue with the GPU itself.
Jan 19, 2019
Hey WildCard,

Yeah I have definitely done the drivers. I thought it was a driver issue initially so I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers with the same result. I will double check the PCIE slot and PSU connections as it the card seems fine until it's placed under heavy load.

WildCard999

Titan

And I don't think it's your PSU as that is a good quality unit and plenty of power for the system. As long as it's seated correctly with the right power connections and new drivers then I'd suspect it may be a issue with the GPU itself.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS