Question Rog strix 4090 melting precautions

jozef161

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2013
Hello guys,

So i just ordered an asus strix 4090, and I am aware of the melting issues which have been occuring and I know that topic is as old as the roman empire lol. There is just way too much information on that topic and it has been confusing me. I seek advice about what I can do to prevent that from happening to me and to minimize the risk. I am certain that many of you own a 4090, and perhaps you have an opinion on that issue which could be useful to me. Should I buy a 90 degree connector or not? What cables should I use? Do you think the pin melting is just hysteria from a small but loud group of people, or is it a real issue?

Thank you

Hello guys,

So i just ordered an asus strix 4090, and I am aware of the melting issues which have been occuring and I know that topic is as old as the roman empire lol. There is just way too much information on that topic and it has been confusing me. I seek advice about what I can do to prevent that from happening to me and to minimize the risk. I am certain that many of you own a 4090, and perhaps you have an opinion on that issue which could be useful to me. Should I buy a 90 degree connector or not? What cables should I use? Do you think the pin melting is just hysteria from a small but loud group of people, or is it a real issue?

Thank you
It is definitely a prominent issue and in most of those articles they have recommended fixes which I've seen some that recommended contacted nVidia. The good thing is if you just ordered it, you might get the stock that has the fix for the connector itself.

Make sure your cable is plugged all of the way in and doesn't have a ton of bending pressure on the cable. If there isn't enough room between the card and the side of your case get an angled adapter, but otherwise it shouldn't be a big deal.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
It's probably not as much of a concern as you think. Make sure everything has a good connection.

Out of the probably thousands sold probably way less than 1% of users have had a problem.

Hello guys,

Thank you
I think I read somewhere that you can get a cable from Seasonic rather than use the one supplied with the graphics card.

TRENDING THREADS