Question ROG STRIX 470x F Issue

Dec 14, 2019
Hi guys,

Couple of days ago i ordered new parts to upgrade my system. So i decided to go for a Ryzen 7 3800x, ASUS ROG x470 F Gaming, 500GB m.2, 1T m.2. and new sticks of Trident Z's to pair with my existing 16GB of ram to make it 32 GB.

I been troubleshooting for 2 days now and firstly i found out that my new motherboard had to be BIOS updated for the latest 3000 gen Ryzen processors.
I plugged in my Ryzen 5 1600X to BIOS update, that did boot up and everything went well. And this morning I plugged in my 3800X and it booted for one time only, where i was able to allocate my 1TB m.2 and install windows on my 500GB m.2.

Later in the day where I decided to shut down the system so I can start cable managing and close the case off. Booted it again, suddenly nothing just white & yellowgreen QLed indicators.
So i decided to remove the 3800x and plug in the 1600x, it booted, windows and everything with no issues.

So after updating on the 1600x, nvidia drivers, it was able to read all the hardware installed. Then I decided to plug my 3800x back in, and nothing, white & yellowgreen led.

Any ideas? I have pretty much done all the basic things that i could think off.

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x

MB: ASUS ROG x470-F Gaming

SSD: 500GB m.2 & 1T m.2

GFX: 1080 Nvidia EVGA FTW

PSU: RM850 Corsair

RAM: x4 8GB Trident Z's 3200Mhz

Thanks in advance,
zinet.

DMAN999

Dignified
Ambassador
Did you clear the CMOS after updating the BIOS ?

If not, Clear CMOS using these steps:
Unplug the PC (PSU).
Then press the Power Button for at least 30 seconds.
Use a flat headed screwdriver to short the CLR CMOS (CLRTC) Jumper (Touch both jumper pins with the screwdriver) for at least 15 seconds.
Plug the PC back in.
Press the Power Button to turn the PC on.
Repeatedly tap the DEL key
A screen should come up telling you to press the F1 key, do that.
Set the Optimized Default settings and Press OK (this is on the EXIT tab)
Save and exit the BIOS.
Tap the DEL key again to enter the BIOS and change any settings you want changed then save and exit again.

You might have to do it a few times.
Also I would do it with just one stick of RAM in slot A2 until you get to Boot with the 3800x installed.
Then add a second stick to slot B2 and see if it will boot.
Getting all 4 sticks to work together with the 3800x may take some time and they may need to run at lower speeds than the 3200 you had them running at, like 2800 or 2933.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2