Question ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING - not wworking

Feb 20, 2020
Hello,
I've bought above mentioned MoBo with new Ryzen 3600 CPU, after installing CPU, one RAM module and GPU PC is not booting at all. There is couple of LEDs on board to alert in case of problem (red for CPU, orange for RAM white for GPU), but I've got no ligt at all. Top left corner of the MoBo where IO shield is is glowing after psu pluging and cpu Fan is also glowing but not spinning after power on...just short spin
Any ideas? Tried another PSU and the same...tried another GPU and the same.. have no other CPU to test...
What do you thing bad MoBo ar CPU? both are brand new
Thanks guys.

WildCard999

Titan
It may not of shipped with newer BIOS supporting the 3rd gen CPU's.

You could also go through the no post checklist but I suspect a older BIOS.

If your near Massachusetts I have a Ryzen 2600 that you could use to update the BIOS.

Feb 20, 2020
well, Massachusetts is about half a planet far from my home:))) but thanks for quick response.
It is compatible with Ryzen 3000 series from manufacturer (at least it is written on the box)
I've tested it on paper board only bare MoBo with PSU, CPU, RAM and GPU...
But there should be error Q-led if CPU or RAM is dead...but it does nothing...so bad board perhaps...GPU fan is spinning, board is glowing...
I will check CPU pins under microscope on monday at work...

Reactions: WildCard999
Feb 20, 2020
Well, I've tried everything...
Still same problem. Had the motheboard on pape desk outside case only with CPU, RAM, and GPU a still no post...after turning on (by screwdriver on pins) only short spin on CPU cooler, GPU cooler runs normally, MoBo backlight is glowing but no post and no q-led response.
How to determnine what is lost? CPU or MoBo...dont want to RMA both of them and cant test another CPU or board...GPU is ok in onther PC and PSU also (tried several of them).
Bios is fine (it should be form manufacturer)