[SOLVED] ROG Strix B550-F Gaming not posting...tried everything

Jan 16, 2021
Ryzen 5900x
Rog Strix B550-F Gaming
TForce Dark Force Za CL18 3600 32G Ram
NVME (new) + SSD (old boot drive) + HDD (old file drive)
1080 ROG Strix GPU
650 Watt PSU

CPU, Mobo, Ram all new and QVL compatible.

Of note:
I both shut down and unplugged/turned off PSU between each attempt. Repeated each attempt multiple times.
While not a pro, this is not my first computer build (up to 7 or so I think of varied makes/models/chips/mobos)

1. Completed build --> no post. DRAM Mobo light on.
  2. Replaced RAM kit with new, exact same make/model kit --> no post. DRAM Mobo light on. Possible Bios issue?
  3. Created BIOS Flashback USB (formatted FAT32, partitioned, correct and current BIOS download from ASUS website) --> no post. BiosFlashback USB blinks green 5 times then goes solid. According to forums and manual means " BIOS flashback is not operating properly." *Attempted with Ryzen 5900x installed. Tried multiple times, wiping USB in between. Tried even downloading older non-Beta bios. Nothing worked.
  4. Repeated with different USB. BiosFlashback USB blinks green 5 times then goes solid. According to forums and manual means " BIOS flashback is not operating properly." *Attempted with Ryzen 5900x installed.
  5. Replaced Ryzen 5900x with Ryzen 3200g and tried again. No post and Bios flashback solid light indicates not working.
  6. Removed CPU entirely and tried Bios Flashback with USB. No post and Bios flashback solid light indicates not working.

Have mercy and help a poor soul...what in the world is going on?
I have combed multiple forums and cant find anything but maybe a busted BIOS chip and I need to replace that...wha???
I can't return the board either as I bought it on black Friday as a Christmas gift given to me from my wife.
Please help a gamer dad who just wants to game a little when the kids are down.

Solution
Are you certain you are plugging the USB drive into the correct USB BIOS FlashBack port?
Are you certain you are creating the USB drive containing the new BIOS update correctly, carefully following the instructions on page 2.12 of your motherboard manual?

3. - Manually rename the file as RSB550FG.CAP, or launch the BIOSRenamer.exe application to automatically rename the file, then copy it to your USB storage device.

The BIOSRenamer.exe application is zipped together with your BIOS file when you download a BIOS file for a BIOS FlashBack™ compatible motherboard.
Are you certain you are plugging the USB drive into the correct USB BIOS FlashBack port?
Are you certain you are creating the USB drive containing the new BIOS update correctly, carefully following the instructions on page 2.12 of your motherboard manual?

3. - Manually rename the file as RSB550FG.CAP, or launch the BIOSRenamer.exe application to automatically rename the file, then copy it to your USB storage device.

The BIOSRenamer.exe application is zipped together with your BIOS file when you download a BIOS file for a BIOS FlashBack™ compatible motherboard.

Solution