Question Rog Strix B550F won't post. Boot and VGA LED illuminated

Jay76

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
In the middle of surfing the web and it just shut down. Haven't been able to get it to post since. Have tried a couple trouble shoot remedies so far to no avail. The GPU LEDs turn on when the power is turmed on. Monitor says no signal though. It had just done a Windows 10 update the prior day. VGA and BOOT LED on MB stay illuminated after a few seconds of the power being turned on.

B550F
Ryzen 5900x
Western Digital Pro SSD 1TB
Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600
Asus 3090 Rog Strix
Seasonic Focus 850w

Last edited:
In the middle of surfing the web and it just shut down. Haven't been able to get it to post since. Have tried a couple trouble shoot remedies so far to no avail. The GPU LEDs turn on when the power is turmed on. Monitor says no signal though. It had just done a Windows 10 update the prior day. VGA and BOOT LED on MB stay illuminated after a few seconds of the power being turned on.

B550F
Ryzen 5900x
Western Digital Pro SSD 1TB
Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3600
Asus 3090 Rog Strix
If you have one, try another GPU

Should I unseat then reseat the GPU?
Wouldn't hurt if you're careful. Also reseat the GPU power connectors and make sure they're clicked in solidly.

Another thing to do is reset CMOS. I'd do it with pulling the battery for a couple minutes at the same time you have the short on the reset pins. It may be a hail Mary, but it can't hurt and is easy to do since you're in there reseating the GPU.

Jay76

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2011
Wouldn't hurt if you're careful. Also reseat the GPU power connectors and make sure they're clicked in solidly.

Another thing to do is reset CMOS. I'd do it with pulling the battery for a couple minutes at the same time you have the short on the reset pins. It may be a hail Mary, but it can't hurt and is easy to do since you're in there reseating the GPU.

So put the metal on the pins with the CMOS battery removed?

TRENDING THREADS