• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question ROG Strix E-Gaming X299 + i9 10920x + Specific Core Overclock Settings

Jan 25, 2020
Hi all,

I was really digging into my BIOS settings the other day, trying to overclock some of my cooler running cores higher, and underclocking my hotter running cores. I managed to get it working really well with four cores clocked at 4.1, two at 4.3, and 6 at 4.4. The next day, I noticed that it had bumped the 6 cores running at 4.4 down to 4.3. I checked my BIOS and the settings were still the same, but Windows just wasn't showing that it was running it. My hottest running cores simply cannot hit 4.4, or we're getting up to 80C quick on full-load. Any idea why my BIOS would show certain settings, but then Windows wouldn't apply them?

Thanks,
Dan

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS