Question Rog Strix g15 freezing issues

Oct 16, 2022
Hello

The problem started roughly a month ago. I got a BSOD while playing Cyberpunk 2077 and afterwards my laptop would randomly restart while playing the game. I reinstalled windows and while the restarting issues have disappeared, now my pc hard freezes whenever I'm gaming. I need to reset it by holding down the power button. There's nothing in Event Viewer, no crash logs and no minidumps either. I've reinstalled windows three times, tried different nvidia drivers and rolled back windows as well. I updated the BIOS, I uninstalled Armoury Crate, basically everything I can think of software-wise.

I've been able to replicate the freezing issue in OCCT if I use the "memory" testing. It did freeze once, but only once, when I tried to test the CPU. 15 seconds into the test. It does not occur all the time, rather, randomly. I can run 3 tests back to back and it won't freeze, then I run one an hour later and it'll freeze, forcing me to restart the laptop. So far the memory testing has froze the laptop four times. Right now I'm testing with only one RAM stick, since I'm suspecting it might be the cause, but I cannot be certain. Any suggestions? I'm at my wits end and I don't want the hassle of having to take my laptop to a repair shop.

Specs:

Model: Asus Rog Strix G533ZM
CPU: Intel i7 12700H
GPU: nVidia RTX 3060 6GB VRAM
RAM: 2x16GB Kingston Fury DDR5
SSD: 1. Micron 1TB and 2. Western Digital 1TB.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS