[SOLVED] ROG Strix GA35 G35DX freeze at rog logo

Oct 4, 2021
Hello,

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X Processor
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 (24GB) GDDR6X
32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz
1TB PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB (3.5") 7200RPM HDD
Same as this PC:https://www.excaliberpc.com/758695/asus-rog-strix-ga35-ga35dx-xb999.html

I bought this prebuilt desktop pc in july. Have not had any problems with it until know.
Some times it just freeze at the Asus Rog logo where you can choose to press f2 or delete to enter bios or UEFI.
And when i restart it, i get the new cpu installed message, and if i press f1 it freezes in bios.
What works is to turn the pc off and remove the power cord for a while, and then turn it on.
The PC has never been opened or done anything with. I've updated BIOS with the asus ez tool. But that didnt help, i've also tried
reseting the bios settings.
What could cause this problem? I don't really want to send it in for repair since its almost new.

i8SsG4E.jpg

Solution
I don't really want to send it in for repair since its almost new.
This is the exact reason to send it in, you should not wait to sent in a warrantied product. We also do not know what will break ASUS's warranty if we need you to go into the PC and start diagnosing parts. Just keep that in mind as you get advice from folks.

It seems that there is a power issue. You might also want to check if there are any bent CPU pins and make sure that the cooler is installed properly on the socket.
I don't really want to send it in for repair since its almost new.
This is the exact reason to send it in, you should not wait to sent in a warrantied product. We also do not know what will break ASUS's warranty if we need you to go into the PC and start diagnosing parts. Just keep that in mind as you get advice from folks.

It seems that there is a power issue. You might also want to check if there are any bent CPU pins and make sure that the cooler is installed properly on the socket.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS