[SOLVED] ROG Strix LC240 AIO Fan control

zackinaus

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
Hi guys just wanna check with anyone who is familiar with Asus rog Strix LC240 cooler.
I have trouble controlling the fan speed. I am using it to cool a Ryzen 5 3600x and the CPU temp spikes up and down thus the fans ramp up and down as well all the time.
I had a Cosair H100i v2 and it was able to control fan speed according to the coolant temp which is way more consistent instead of the CPU package temp.
Just wondering if there is a way to set it with the LC240.
The software from ASUS is useless in controlling compare to the Corsair one.

aGtSmMX3Gf0O15qU_setting_000_1_90_end_500.png

Solution
you could set a less drastic fan curve profile so the noise doesn't spike up & down as much.
though this would mean higher temps due to constant lower fan speeds or more fan noise due to constant higher fan speeds.
but either way will alleviate the irregular noise produced by ramping up & down.

or you can connect the fans directly to the motherboard and control them from the BIOS if the AiO isn't reading the CPU temp correctly.
@ default settings/configuration my EVGA CLC280 seems to think my CPU is running a lot warmer than it usually was so fans would ramp up to ~100% when actual temps were much lower.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
You can set duty cycle to respond to a different temp range. It's more than likely a fan curve starting at @ 40°C and rising upto max at 70°C. If you change the minimum to @ 50°C, the fans will maintain a mimimum speed upto that point, at which they will then start the curve.

you could set a less drastic fan curve profile so the noise doesn't spike up & down as much.
though this would mean higher temps due to constant lower fan speeds or more fan noise due to constant higher fan speeds.
but either way will alleviate the irregular noise produced by ramping up & down.

or you can connect the fans directly to the motherboard and control them from the BIOS if the AiO isn't reading the CPU temp correctly.
@ default settings/configuration my EVGA CLC280 seems to think my CPU is running a lot warmer than it usually was so fans would ramp up to ~100% when actual temps were much lower.

Solution