[SOLVED] ROG STRIX RTX 2080 8G OC Thermal Pads Specifications

Dobromir Kalchevski

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2013
Hello,

I have an Asus ROG Strix-RTX2080-O8G-Gaming (it's the OC model) video card and recently it started becoming very noisy. It reaches temperatures of 74 to 75 deg C. I know they are not dangerous, but it makes too much noise. I tried different drivers, although I didn't have the problem with the driver I was using at the time for months. I guess I have to change the thermal paste and also the thermal pads. I asked ASUS multiple times, through multiple types of inquiry in the support section of their website and I didn't get one useful answer. Once they told me to issue a warranty claim if it's still in warranty. For another inquiry they only said they are glad to help (that was the full message). Once they returned an empty e-mail (besides some kind of automatically generated meta text) ... I guess I am getting first hand experience with the famous Asus tech support.

So, my question is: Can anyone tell me the specifications for the thermal pads of this exact video card. They can vary a lot from a "similar" model to another, so I need exactly that one. The only thing I can see without opening the card is multiple pads showing on the side, each with a different thickness. There must be more pads inside.

I need all 3 dimensions and thermal conductivity for each pad.

Solution
D
Good luck. Most people just match the thickness and cut the pads to the length of the old ones. There is no master sheet of what cards specifically use. On a card that new I doubt the thermal pads are even bad just repaste the card.
D

Deleted member 362816

Good luck. Most people just match the thickness and cut the pads to the length of the old ones. There is no master sheet of what cards specifically use. On a card that new I doubt the thermal pads are even bad just repaste the card.

Solution