[SOLVED] ROG Strix X570-I Gaming | How much storage?

Bongert

Reputable
Jul 30, 2020
I was looking at the spec list on the manufacturers site and was wondering if I'm theoretically able to populate all the 4 SATA ports as well as the two M.2 slots all at the same time. I'm used to seeing some SATA ports being disabled per M.2 slot because of the limit of how many PCIe lanes a mobo can have but with an ITX board there should be enough lanes left over from omitting the other expansion slots that i can use 100% of the storage ports, right?

Solution
I was looking at the spec list on the manufacturers site and was wondering if I'm theoretically able to populate all the 4 SATA ports as well as the two M.2 slots all at the same time. I'm used to seeing some SATA ports being disabled per M.2 slot because of the limit of how many PCIe lanes a mobo can have but with an ITX board there should be enough lanes left over from omitting the other expansion slots that i can use 100% of the storage ports, right?
I looked through the user's manual and did not see any limitation on SATA ports when using the M.2 slots. The manufacturer has already limited the SATA ports to 4, where other motherboards have 6 and some are disabled when using additional M.2 slots.

kanewolf

Titan
I looked through the user's manual and did not see any limitation on SATA ports when using the M.2 slots. The manufacturer has already limited the SATA ports to 4, where other motherboards have 6 and some are disabled when using additional M.2 slots.

Solution