rog strix z 370 e gaming bios upgrade

abbaqa1

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
i want rog strix z 370 e gaming bios upgrade, i ve downloaded a bios file from the manufacturer's site but there was not details that how to use it, on an internet there are several ways described but i need to know the exact and proper method for this mother board.

Solution
From your manual:

To update the BIOS via Storage Device

1. Enter the Advanced Mode of the Bios setup program. Go to the Tool menu to select Asus EZ Flash utility and press Enter.

2. Insert the USB flash disk that contains the latest BIOS file to the USB port.

3. Select 'via Storage Device' (or via Internet if you have a connection)

4. Press TAB to switch to the Drive field.

5. Press the UP/Down arrow keys to find the USB flash disk that contains the latest BIOS, and then press Enter.

6. Press TAB to switch to the Folder Info field.

7. Press the Up/Down arrow keys to find the BIOS file, and then press Enter to perform the BIOS update process. Reboot the system when the update process is done.
From your manual:

To update the BIOS via Storage Device

1. Enter the Advanced Mode of the Bios setup program. Go to the Tool menu to select Asus EZ Flash utility and press Enter.

2. Insert the USB flash disk that contains the latest BIOS file to the USB port.

3. Select 'via Storage Device' (or via Internet if you have a connection)

4. Press TAB to switch to the Drive field.

5. Press the UP/Down arrow keys to find the USB flash disk that contains the latest BIOS, and then press Enter.

6. Press TAB to switch to the Folder Info field.

7. Press the Up/Down arrow keys to find the BIOS file, and then press Enter to perform the BIOS update process. Reboot the system when the update process is done.

Solution

abbaqa1

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
i did as u said, all the things went in sequence and in a good way and i got a message that bios has been successfully updated, then system restarted with my permission, then i got a message that bios is upgrading...
BUT right after that my pc restarted 3 2/3 times and then i saw a screen on which " system was telling me that some changes ll are must to be done in bios menu " i do nt know what was that...it was telling me to press f2, i went to the bios again and pressed default settings and closed,then system restarted but it is changed now, it is giving more sound...plz tell me what was that? i do nt remember details...
bios version is been upgraded from 4 to 6 in bios but i m worried that if i do nt configure it to the same values which r asked by the black screen ( when i was asked to press f2 for settings ) system may become corrupted...
plz guide me that how can i reverse the system bios?
and what configuration should i do to fulfill the black screen of my windows requirements?

abbaqa1

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
ok, i do not remember the bios screen instruction which appeared after an update but i ll provide u the details to let u help me...
When i got a message that bios has been successfully upgraded, system restarted on my command ( as needed )
but that restart was strange, my cpu suddenly shut down very rapidly with a kitich sound, then i got a message that now bios is updating ( even i got this message b4 when it was updated via usb ) anyhow my pc shut down and then restarted, then there was a black screen with a message that bios is updating, after that pc restarted 2 or 3 times, 2nd or 3rd time of its restart brought me a message that something is necessary to do in bios press f2, o pressed f2 but did not know what to do so i pressed DEFAULT SETTINGS, WHEN I QUIT it told me that "do u want to exit without saving " i agreed with that message and edit, after that pc took some time to start...and now my pc is sounding like over clocked...any how plz tell me what to do, if not sure then guide me to roll back this update. thx.

abbaqa1

Prominent
Aug 29, 2017
yes i can but i do nt know which frequency ll be the best for my pc. plz guide about it and i ll send u a screen shot of that error plz inform me that how to paste picture here as there is no option seen.
until i become able to do that plz inform me that:
if i enable xmp in my bios ll it effect on my pc health by reducing its life, i use pc for 15 to 18 hrs per day...i do heavy graphical work.
if yes then tell me that ll my pc work properly, i mean over heating etc problems, i m using corsairs cooling facility (hydro h55, corsair gaming casing and corsair tx 750m power supply )
and if i let it normal and do not overclock my mother board then ll my board boost the ram and itself when needed? if there is any possible settings for the last option plz inform.
i m using asus 7970 ( as gtx 1080 is on the way )so plz inform me keeping these two gpu in your mind.
mother board's overclocking over clocks the ram and the processor but ll i need to over clock my GPU separately? or it l be over clocked too? still no answer after 24 hrs????