Question Rog strix z390 e fan set up

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Feb 24, 2020
I am building my first pc and was wondering how to plug in my fans and aio. I have 7 fans total, 4 on on the intake rad and 3 exhaust fans, not to mention the aio pump. However, I am using the z390 e mobo which apparently only has 7 headers total. I’m confused as to which headers to use and whether or not I need fan splitters. I figured I could group the 4 intake fans together but I would really like the opinion of an experienced builder.

Superfrog79

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Very, very nice. I like the fans with this halo. It looks great. At least l like that style of fans.

Let me ask you, what processor do you have and how water cooling is working? Is it cooling well? I have i9 9900KF, but I found out my Hyper 212 Black edition is to weak for this processor and I am thinking to put water cooling.

Have you though of putting graphic card vertically? Maybe it will look better? But it just depends on what you like and only if you have front rgb lightning.

Feb 24, 2020
I am using an intel i7 8700k (I know amd is better but i didn’t when I bought the motherboard) and it sits around 33 degrees when idle but I haven’t found a good stress test for it yet (any recommendations?) as for the gpu under load in Minecraft with shaders and mods it gets to 55 degrees when caped at 80 fps and 62 degrees at 120fps. I never considered putting it in vertical because a) my choice case doesn’t support it and b) the led’s are only on the side. I was worried about gpu temps bc all of my intake it through the 280mm cpu radiator at the front. No I have not overclocked and I don’t plan to, though the reviews of ppl who did said they had to delid the cpu to get good temps though I don’t know what cooler they had

Feb 24, 2020
Btw all my temps are coming from nzxt cam bc I don’t know of any other temp software and I had to get it anyways for the aio rgb, also default fan curves bc again couldn’t find software

Superfrog79

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
I am using an intel i7 8700k (I know amd is better but i didn’t when I bought the motherboard) and it sits around 33 degrees when idle but I haven’t found a good stress test for it yet (any recommendations?) as for the gpu under load in Minecraft with shaders and mods it gets to 55 degrees when caped at 80 fps and 62 degrees at 120fps. I never considered putting it in vertical because a) my choice case doesn’t support it and b) the led’s are only on the side. I was worried about gpu temps bc all of my intake it through the 280mm cpu radiator at the front. No I have not overclocked and I don’t plan to, though the reviews of ppl who did said they had to delid the cpu to get good temps though I don’t know what cooler they had
For stress test try PRIME95. It will push your of to the limits.

Superfrog79

Reputable
Feb 25, 2020
Then don't mess with AI Suite. I am sharing your concern and I am fully understand you. I you are not sure what you are doing, you can damage your hardware. But, setting up fans are rather easy. You can try. If you don't set them to work ok, you can always load default values. I never stress tested my PC, I don't know what is the point of that.