Question RoG Strix Z390-e Gaming 1st timer nees help.

Sep 13, 2019
Hey guys so this is my first time building a pc and ive raan into a hurdle i havent been able to jump over. I bought this MB couple days ago idk if that helps because i have tried YouTube and those MB look different than mines. If anyone has knowledge with this MB i need your help.

I am installing a m.2 ssd in the first m.2 pci slot the one right under the cpu cooling fan and above the gpu. In the manual it shows drawings for 2280 m.2 and for 2 other sizes. The drawing doesnt show to install a standoff for 2280 but it does for the other 2 sizes. However when i went to asus youtube channel the guy with the same MB as me said install the standoff and he was using a 2280 m.2 ssd as well, so now im stumped. Does anyone know the reason why the 2280 screw is taller than the other 2? Is it a pre built standoff?

Sep 13, 2019
I don't think it matter at all. Just check to see if a standoff is already installed in the primary M.2 slot. The one under the CPU. If not, just screw in the standoff provided into the 2280 spot and you should be fine.
I thought so as well but if i install the standoff it makes the ssd higher up and if i use the small screw thats for the standoff then the shield i have cant be screwed down into anything. Starting to think i dont need the standoff for 2280 only for the other sizes