Question rog strix z490-e gaming ethernet adapter gone

Colonel_Black

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2012
Hi,

I've got a very unusual issue.
My ethernet was working this morning, but I then moved the computer and desk to another location in the room (obviously powered off).
Now I have plugged it all back in, the ethernet is not working.

The device isn't detected in Device Manager / Intel Driver Scanner / Network Adapters

I'm at a complete loss.
No lights on the network port.
I've also tried a different cable. Tried into a network extender also to take the Virgin Media router out of the picture.

Jan 3, 2021
I have the same issue, formatted my pc and Installed the Disc that comes in the box and my ethernet is disappeared in control panel! Im becoming crazy

Jan 19, 2021
I tried everything, the latest bios firmware with the latest LAN driver but the installation doesn’t even run since the ethernet card is not visible anymore

Hi there, just signed up to answer this. I was having the same issue last year and didn't get this fixed. I'm currently on my 2nd Strix Z490 due to this issue and it's happening again.

I have tried the following:

Enable in BIOS
Driver update
BIOS update
Updating Windows
Intel NVMTool

None of the above worked.

In the end, I had to RMA it and received a replacement.

As mentioned, this is happening again and the only way I can fix this is to turn off the pc, disconnect the power and leave it for 10 mins. Once powered etc, it all works just fine.
I also have a USB dongle on standby.

My advice would be to RMA this board and get something different. I will be doing the same soon (busy with new baby atm). I wanted the faulty board to just be a one off but as it's happened again, I think it's time to look at another make/model.

hope this helps. :)

Edit: Google this and click the Puget link: "i225-v ethernet strix z490 not working". Will give you some more info on this issue.