Question Roku TV power cycling

XM Keeper

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Hello everyone.

I got a problem with my Insignia Roku TV and I can't fix it. The specific TV model number is E32F4QNKAGBENNX, googling this doesn't bring up results, just TVs that are similar to it but not it. Probably a black friday deal or something. I don't know. I was given this TV as a gift in 2016.

The problem with the TV is that is effectively power cycling. If you attempt to turn it on, it will sometimes display the boot/on screen. Usually after this, it shuts off and repeats. But on occasion, it will go to the setup screen. You can go through the setup menus for about 4 seconds before it freezes and shuts off again.

I have already done a hard reset a couple times, that is why it occasionally opens to set up. I have not tried updating the firmware via USB. I just updated it yesterday, after I did the TV was much slower. It had been sitting in a closet for 5 months. But I don't know where to get the update to put on the USB stick, nor which update to get.

I just moved in to my apartment for college and really don't want to shell out $150 for a new TV.

Any advice, guys?

Edit - Might re-post this question in Home Theater. Sorry mods.

Last edited:

XM Keeper

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2012
Good news, kids. Unplugged the TV for over 12 hours and when I turned it back on, all was good. My guess is that it overheated or needed to be reset for good. I'll be sure to turn off the quick start feature.

Anyway, consider this question solved.