[SOLVED] Rolling back firmware on DLink Router, forces upgrade

Apr 27, 2020
I have a dlink DIR-2055, I've recently been having issues with it after upgrading to 1.03, so I decided to roll it back to 1.02.

I successfully installed 1.02 but upon logging back in to the admin console, there's a popup that I can't exit out of saying there's new firmware and I must upgrade.

Any ideas on how to stop this?

Solution
There is a option to either allow automatic updates or not. I really wish there was a penalty for vendors who force buggy updates....microsoft I am looking at you.

Best bet is to roll it back to 1.02 again and leave it disconnected from the internet until you find the options to disable updates.
Apr 27, 2020
Stopping updates is usually not a good idea.
Maybe that v1.03 update fixes a security flaw, and you NEED to update it.

There might be a security flaw but 1.03 bricks my router, I've tried multiple hard resets, and continue to get the same issue, D-Link suggested a fix and it didn't work.

Might just be time for a new router.

There is a option to either allow automatic updates or not. I really wish there was a penalty for vendors who force buggy updates....microsoft I am looking at you.

Best bet is to roll it back to 1.02 again and leave it disconnected from the internet until you find the options to disable updates.

Solution
Apr 27, 2020

Yeah, even with the option disabled, it tries to force. I've found just exiting out of the console after rolling back does the trick but it's obviously not a long term solution. Might just be time for a new router.