Question Rolling back Nvidia drivers safely

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
For some reason the latest nvidia driver has been giving destiny 2 pc players trouble when starting the game where it crashes. People who are experiencing the issue have said rolling back the drivers to a certain one fixed the issue. What is the best way to do this?

Ralston18

Titan
What "certain one" driver?

For the most part all you need to do is delete the current drivers and reinstall other (albeit older ?) drivers.

However, for the time being, do not do that.

Much more information needed:

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information,

What specific problems are you having? Does your build have those problems?

What game(s)? Just Destiny 2 and/or others?

Any specific or related errors in Reliability History or Event Viewer?

More information and details needed.

Bob1nba

Reputable
Aug 10, 2019
What "certain one" driver?

For the most part all you need to do is delete the current drivers and reinstall other (albeit older ?) drivers.

However, for the time being, do not do that.

Much more information needed:

Update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information,

What specific problems are you having? Does your build have those problems?

What game(s)? Just Destiny 2 and/or others?

Any specific or related errors in Reliability History or Event Viewer?

More information and details needed.
I'm not having any other problem other than the same common problem many people in the destiny 2 community is having since the latest nvidia driver update. The game only ever crashes when it starts up. If it can get past the start up I have zero issues with crashing or any other issues.

I do have windows 10 pro though. And my specs are as follows:

RTX 3080
Ryzen 5800x
32GB corsair vengeance rgb pro @3200mhz
Asus tuf gaming x570 pro
Corsair rm850x
1tb Samsung evo plus nvme
500gb Samsung sata ssd
2 tb hdd

For some reason the latest nvidia driver has been giving destiny 2 pc players trouble when starting the game where it crashes. People who are experiencing the issue have said rolling back the drivers to a certain one fixed the issue. What is the best way to do this?
  1. Download the drivers from NVIDIA's website (use https://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us)
  2. Disconnect the computer from the internet
  3. Go to Control Panel\Programs\Programs and Features , uninstall all of the NVIDIA driver stuff. You do not need to reboot the computer if it asks until you've done all of them
  4. Reboot the computer
  5. Install the new drivers
  6. Reboot
  7. Reconnect the computer to the internet
The important thing is to disconnect the computer from the internet, otherwise Windows will try to find a driver for you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY